Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkarp1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Australia
Lately my VLC player wont open, i did a small bit of research on how to fix this and everywhere says to delete your vlc playlists/preferences. I've done this but still no luck, all i get is the VLC cone jumping up and down on the dock. I have also tried numerous re-instals and versions, anybody have any tips ? i really don't want to have to download a new player, as i've never had problems with VLC other then this.

Cheers, Jake.

cebrady17

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2010
I have been having the same issue with VLC, it just keeps attempting to open with the jumping cone, and eventually sits unresponsive. Ive tried uninstalling via Appcleaner, and reinstalling, with no luck.

iVineet

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2012
I have been having the same issue with VLC, it just keeps attempting to open with the jumping cone, and eventually sits unresponsive. Ive tried uninstalling via Appcleaner, and reinstalling, with no luck.

Had the same problem and then I rinstalled it , which fixed the problem

Muggsy

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Hi

I have the same problem, with only one difference: I just bought a MBP (10.8.2) and I just installed it for the first time here. Used it a lot on Windows before.

So my problem is the following:
I download the latest version from the official website, then open the .dmg file, which creates a virtual drive. Opened it, then dragged and dropped the VLC application into the Application folder.

Now, when I double-clik on the latter, nothing happens, apart from the little zoom of the app showing that it responded to the double-click. The programme does not open.
Also, there is nothing about VLC in the Library.

Any help?
Thanks!
:):):):):):)

Muggsy

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
I found my answer.
I had problems to start my computer and in fact I was a Root user.
Created another Admin account for everyday use and had no problems afterwards.
:):):):):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.