Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zomy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
hello all,
i am new to apple products and i have ipad2 wifi i would like to know how i can transfer any file from my laptop or computer to ipad2 using wireless ? or only i have to use itunes??
plz i would like step by step :)

sorry but i am still new for apple products and don't know to much about how to use ipad2
any help?
thx

Last edited:

Zomy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
still no any help??

if anyone can help me and say how to use wireless to transfer files to ipad2 using wireless plz tell me
thx

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
The easiest way is via Dropbox. Go to Dropbox.com and set up a folder on your laptop - you move stuff in and out of this folder just like it were a regular folder on your computer.

Then download the Dropbox app on your iPad and link it to the same account - presto, instant access to everything in that folder! You can also set up the folder across multiple computers, share folders within it with other people, access it from the web when you're away, etc.

(Oh, and it's all free for the first 2gb.)

Last edited:

drambuie

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
You can use Filebrowser or Files Connect, available from the appstore at $4.99 each. Either of these enable you to connect to and browse Macs or PCs on the network, and other computers can browse the iPad. Files can be transferred to and from the iPad. I purchased Files Connect last weekend and my iPad 2 appears as a share in Finder on my MBP. It also appears in Network on my Windows desktop PC.

The publisher of Files Connect has another product, Desktop Connect, which allows you to make VPN connections from the iPad.

Zomy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
thx all

dropbox is goood thx,but if there is any way to transfer by using wifi wireless will be much better than dropbox coz dropbox u have to upload the file then u can download it
but i think by wifi will be easy and fast so if there more help will be so good :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
thx all

dropbox is goood thx,but if there is any way to transfer by using wifi wireless will be much better than dropbox coz dropbox u have to upload the file then u can download it
but i think by wifi will be easy and fast so if there more help will be so good :)

Well, as another poster suggested previously, try FileBrowser and Files Connect. Also, many apps have a wifi transfer function built-in. Like I have video playing apps and book reading apps where you go into the app, put it into wifi mode, then you can connect from your computer's web browser to send files to the iPad over wifi.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
thx all

dropbox and wifi transfer offer similar speeds.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
You should really try Dropbox before deciding it's too slow - its free after all, might as well give it a shot. I am amazed at how easy it is. I'm jailbroken and can use my camera connection kit to transfer files via USB but never bother to because Dropbox is so convenient.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Dropbox works great with apps like GoodReader. You annote a PDF on the iPad the annotated version is automatically sent to dropbox and ready for use on your mac.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Goodreader App will transfer documents from your iPad to your computer. Read their support page, it will show you simple steps to achieve this. Here is an example from their site where a file is being sent via wifi from an ipod to a computer. (The iPad transfer method will be identical):
wifi-transfer-page.jpg

Link:
http://goodreader.com/gr-man-tr-wifi.html#Step5_ShowDetails

I use both Goodreader and Dropbox, great apps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.