Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feverlax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
So I am having this weird problem with my Apple TV2. I jailbroke it last week using the latest methods and everything was working fine and dandy. Now, when I try to access my local network shares through XBMC, it can't find them. Going the other way, I can't ping the Apple TV nor can I SSH into it.

The strange thing is, I can stream Netflix/YouTube/etc just fine. Furthermore, in the Apple TV settings, it shows as being connected to my wireless network (with an IP), but it does not show up in the DHCP client list of my router (Linksys E2000).

Anyone know what could be causing this?

EvilC5

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
Hanover MD
So I am having this weird problem with my Apple TV2. I jailbroke it last week using the latest methods and everything was working fine and dandy. Now, when I try to access my local network shares through XBMC, it can't find them. Going the other way, I can't ping the Apple TV nor can I SSH into it.

The strange thing is, I can stream Netflix/YouTube/etc just fine. Furthermore, in the Apple TV settings, it shows as being connected to my wireless network (with an IP), but it does not show up in the DHCP client list of my router (Linksys E2000).

are your wireless and wired networks able to communicate? I had an issue before where I had a device on my wired network thru my fios router that i could not see via my iphone on my wireless network via airport extreme.

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
If the devices aren't actually connected on the same hub, naturally they aren't on the same LAN and cannot access each other.

Perhaps your ATV somehow changed its network to a nearby wireless hotspot, or you did, and they are not on the same LAN anymore.

JonnyAlpha

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2008

Feverlax - I am experiencing the exact same problem!!! I Jailbroke my Apple TV2 installed XBMC and have been accessing my Movie and Music collection on my NAS for a while now however just lately I am experiencing some weird behavoir, I cannot add any new file content e.g. Add Video or Music locations and at first could not access my existing file locations. Then all of a sudden the File Content that I had already setup was available but today its gone again??

I cannot Ping the IP Address of the AppleTV but it is on the Internet and can access YouTube etc?? It also does not show up on the Network.

Couple of things that could have contributed to my problem:
1. Installed newer version of iTunes.
2. Updated XBMC to the latest version using NITO TV (I think).

Did you resolve your problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.