Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey guys, just wondering who will be queing for the ipad 3, I know the dates have not been released yet but I'm just starting a thread. So, if your going what time are you going at, I would love to meet one of you guys. So yeh, I really dont know what time I will be there because most of the time, releases are on a friday and that means school unfortunatley. I will make my desicion properly when you guys have commented ;)

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Haha, ;) just a mistake

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Anyone know the time that it will be open, on the front page it says 8:00am -on macrumors- but the Trafford Centre store opens at 10:00am plus the way apple is they don't like releasing things that other time zones are ahead do they? If you get what I mean. Anyone called up yet, love to see there response.

rhino7

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
I called them at 17:30 today and they gave the standard answer that they don't know what time they're opening yet :rolleyes:

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
It's at 8:00am just found a link from macrumor's homepage, yes it's for the UK too.
Vito, im pretty sure the Trafford Centre is always open but the actual stores are not, if this isnt true it would definatley be open for the people queing, im thinking of getting there at 6:00, anyone else similiar time's?

rhino7

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
That sounds like a semi-reasonable time! I was thinking 6.30 or thereabouts.

robin1989

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2006
Warrington, UK
do you think they will sell out on friday - im hoping to grab one saturday morning if i can as train only gets into manchester 11pm friday

russelljtaylor

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2006
Early Start

I'm planning to be there about 6am too. Hoping the line isn't to long by then. Has anyone got any good recommendations for screen protectors and/or cases?

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Does anybody know if Apple would let me que up? I'm 14 and I wanted to know if they would let me. I was going to get up, take the bus to the Trafford Centre, hopefully be in line with one of you guy's I could trust to hold my place if I went to get food or what-not and then call my dad to meet me when I am like 30mins away from purchasing.

Don't worry I am not one of them spoilt children that get anything they truly want, I know it sounds like that but I have saved my money fairly, I am giving my dad the cash for it.

Hope I could meet one of you guy's because your all nice fellows, can't wait for tommorow! Woo!

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Does anybody know if Apple would let me que up? I'm 14 and I wanted to know if they would let me. I was going to get up, take the bus to the Trafford Centre, hopefully be in line with one of you guy's I could trust to hold my place if I went to get food or what-not and then call my dad to meet me when I am like 30mins away from purchasing.

Don't worry I am not one of them spoilt children that get anything they truly want, I know it sounds like that but I have saved my money fairly, I am giving my dad the cash for it.

Hope I could meet one of you guy's because your all nice fellows, can't wait for tommorow! Woo!

Sure, they'll let you queue - start chatting t the people around you, they'll hold your place or let an Apple staff member know.

----------

I'll be getting there for 5am, anyone who gets there first can they update this thread to let us know what the queue is like please :D

Thanks!!

UncleSimit

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Having gone to Tesco only to find a bunch of 32 and 16GB it's off to TC I go in a few hours.

Hoping the queue isn't too bad. Even tempted to order from John Lewis and collect on Saturday.

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010

Forgot to set my alarm and LUCKILY Ingot up at 3:30 just by chance, gonna just browse the web wake myself up abit.

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010

Just realised bus gets at my stop for half past 6, looks like I will get there at about 7.

ijazijaz

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
Q about 80 deep

Here at 5, now quarter to 6 and about 80 ppz here.

----------

Maybe closer to 100 actually

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010

Just got here, im in a black hoody at the back of the line, wave if you can see mee! Hahaha! ;)

iPad-Lover

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010

We just moved and unfortunatley about 15 people taken advantage of me, being on my own, absolute joke!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.