Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:52 PM   #1
rickeames
macrumors regular

Server App and Admin not allowing me to connect

I am having nothing but troubles -- my name and password are correct and work for mail, but when trying to remote admin the machine on even the local network, neither application can connect to the server. It just says it cannot connect. I've tried rebooting and even made sure that the advice at the following article was followed, to no avail. It simply won't let me connect any longer. What else can I try?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3960

I know the name and password are correct because I can log into the machine directly with them, and I can still get my mail, I just can't admin the machine at all. Frustrations galore.
rickeames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:09 AM   #2
IscariotJ
macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, this is the exact problem I'm currently experiencing. Everything was fine with my Server until I upgraded to 10.7.3, at which point SMB started returning invalid password ( AFP worked fine ). I changed my password on the server using Server.app ( SMB still failed ), and then via Users & Groups. SMB started working, but remote Server.app / Admin stopped. I removed the login details from Keychain on my remote machine and re-connected. Server.app still fails but Admin works fine...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:28 PM   #3
rickeames
macrumors regular

It gets worse

So not only is it rejecting my password to admin the machine from Server.app on a remote computer, it's rejecting my password for VPN. This is making me nuts -- how can it accept my password for some things and not others? (Screen sharing, for example, lets me in with my password, as does Mail).
rickeames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 09:45 AM   #4
hydrotex
macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same situation. I can share the server's screen, but all other connections are no longer functioning since upgrading to 10.7.3
hydrotex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:17 PM   #5
foto-max
macrumors newbie

Server App and Admin not allowing me to connect

Try this thread.....

It has worked twice for me in the same situation!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1194634
foto-max is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking