Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:51 PM   #1
moralreef
macrumors newbie

peek at passed gcc arguments on build and run

hello team.

I'm looking to gain a lot more knowledge in my passing ignorance of compiler arguments and commands, and thought the likely best way to start is to tweak the compiler instructions in xcode 4.2 and see how it affects what is feeding into gcc/clang.

any idea how to achieve this?
moralreef is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:43 AM   #2
itsmrjon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralreef View Post
hello team.

I'm looking to gain a lot more knowledge in my passing ignorance of compiler arguments and commands, and thought the likely best way to start is to tweak the compiler instructions in xcode 4.2 and see how it affects what is feeding into gcc/clang.

If I have a correct understanding of what you're trying to achieve:
compile with -v -Wall

This will give you a verbose output of everything the compiler is doing.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:59 AM   #3
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralreef View Post
hello team.

"Show Log Navigator" (command-7), click on one of the "Build" items, switch on "All" instead of "Recent" and "All Messages", click on the line that built an item you are interested in, and expand with the "multi-line" symbol on the right.
gnasher729 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming