Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bollard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
London
Hi All,

I have done the initial activation of my new iMac and transfered what I though was everything from my old MacBook Pro. It seems as if Filemaker Pro is not working on the new machine, probably because I have not done this http://help.filemaker.com/app/answe...ter-and-want-to-install-filemaker-software-on

Can I transfer it over even after the initial transfer, i.e decativate it on my old MacBook Pro and then activate it on the iMac.

Also this database clogged up so much of the room of the MacBook (coupled with all the photos) that it made the laptop really slow. Is there anyhow I can check how much memory it wil take up on the new iMac.

Thanks for any responses

Cheers

Mark

interrobang

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2011
Hi All,

I have done the initial activation of my new iMac and transfered what I though was everything from my old MacBook Pro. It seems as if Filemaker Pro is not working on the new machine, probably because I have not done this http://help.filemaker.com/app/answe...ter-and-want-to-install-filemaker-software-on

Can I transfer it over even after the initial transfer, i.e decativate it on my old MacBook Pro and then activate it on the iMac.
That will probably work; the main thing is that you can't activate the same license on two computers at the same time. If you have issues, you might want to re-install FileMaker from the original discs or download.
Also this database clogged up so much of the room of the MacBook (coupled with all the photos) that it made the laptop really slow. Is there anyhow I can check how much memory it wil take up on the new iMac.
What do you mean by "clogged up so much of the room?"

The database is going to be just as big on the new computer as it was on the last computer. Presumably, the newer machine has more disk space and memory than the older one, so you'll probably be better off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.