Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I just lost all my notes too, from my iPad, iPhone and my iMac. Any way to recover from TM?

:(

EVP

Time Machine should be able to recover your Notes. On your Mac, go into your Mail Application. Selection the "Notes" tab in the left column first. Then, go into Time Machine; it will take a few moments for the time stamps to populate, choose a date or time that you know had all the notes you want to recover (from the "bars" you see on the right side of the screen) Select one, wait for the screen to fade to that date, and you should then see a list of all your missing notes. If you don't, keep going back in small increments until you see the list of all your missing notes. Once satisfied, hit the "Restore" button, and watch for the magical results.:D:apple:

Note: because your notes disappeared from all devices, I am assuming they wre synced via iCloud? Be sure to select the iCloud Notes, if that is the case. If you can't, then just create one new note,, and go from there.

evillageprowler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
NJ, USA
Thanks!!! Got 'em all back now.

BTW, I'm not using iCloud for anything except Find My iXXX. So, this is very perplexing. I think this happened between Feb 14 and Feb 21 (per TM), but that period doesn't contain any event relevant to this that I can discern.

Anyway, thanks again!

EVP

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Sp pleased you have your notes back! Maybe you should consider using iCloud. Besides the convenience of eg, making a note on your Mac that will push to all your iDevices, it's good security against data loss.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.