Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Apr 7, 2012, 09:40 AM   #1
Alan Menhennet
macrumors newbie

iPad Publications

Greetings,
I embarked upon what I thought would be a simple task.. making a 8 page publication to be distributed to about 10 people. I delved into the Adobe solution DPS, which is targeted at major publications and charge you your first born for it.

In a nutshell I want a way to distribute a free magazine, I can push out a pdf from InDesign no issue, but I really want to be able to have the reader rotate from portrait to landscape and have all the elements change, as the do in magazines created with DPS. What is especially frustrating is that Interactive PDF's are unusable on an iPad. I don't want to pay for something I'm giving out for free...

Does anyone have any simple solution to this?
-Thanks in advance
-Alan
Old Apr 8, 2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Consultant
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Menhennet View Post
Greetings,
I embarked upon what I thought would be a simple task.. making a 8 page publication to be distributed to about 10 people. I delved into the Adobe solution DPS, which is targeted at major publications and charge you your first born for it....

Hi Alan,

iBooks Author is free from Apple:
http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/
Consultant is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:43 PM   #3
lucidmedia
macrumors 6502a

iBooks is an excellent tool. You can also output epub ebook files from Adobe InDesign.
lucidmedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Alan Menhennet
macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, I can't believe ibooks author slipped my mind. I must have assumed it was to entry user targeted.

After about 5 hours I had converted my entire publication and done arrangements for both orientations and added all my interactive content. Not bad for having never used the software before. For anyone from inDesign it's pretty good and has most features you want.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Tags
adobe, dps, ipad, magazine, pdf