Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lizh928

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
On Last wednesday the 11th, around 9:30 my eight year old son dropped our family iPod Touch 4th Generation 64GB! I was at the gym and he decided to go run with me outside with it in his pocket, well that is where he must have dropped it, and it must have been right outside in the sidewalk, I've asked every store there, and what ever is near. I don't understand how someone can find this, obviously see Facebook, emails and addresses on it and NOT return it! I am so sad that people can actually be that mean. I'm sure what was open on it was a game.
I've reported it to the police but they really don't consider something like this important at all.

I thought maybe I'd be able to get some help, advice and/or some understanding of what I'm going thru:(

Serial: CCQFM8FKDCPC

http://www.stolen911.com/category/1...RD*-64GB-IPOD-TOUCH-4th-Gen-CCQFM8FKDCPC.html

any ideas would be appreciated

kamonohashi

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
First of all, you should take a look at the following page:
http://images.apple.com/ipodtouch/built-in-apps/find-my-ipodtouch.html
As you will see, Apple has implemented a set of features for cases such as yours.
If the person who took your iPod has it connected to a Wifi network, you can remotely wipe all the device's contents, and even locate it.

Once done, you should change all your passwords (if you haven't done it already): Facebook, e-mail accounts, iTunes/App store etc.

lizh928

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
First of all, you should take a look at the following page:
http://images.apple.com/ipodtouch/built-in-apps/find-my-ipodtouch.html
As you will see, Apple has implemented a set of features for cases such as yours.
If the person who took your iPod has it connected to a Wifi network, you can remotely wipe all the device's contents, and even locate it.

Once done, you should change all your passwords (if you haven't done it already): Facebook, e-mail accounts, iTunes/App store etc.

So I didn't think about this right away, it took me about 3-4 days to realize I should change my passwords, but before that there was no activity on any of my accounts, which gives a little more validity to the fact that it may have fallen in the sewer or something like that. also the signal changed on "track my iPhone" first it said it cannot locate, and after about 2-3 days, the signal said the iPod was "offline" but again that is around the same time that it would have died if it was just on stand by right?

it was gone within a period of 1-5 minutes, thats how long it took my son to realize it wasn't in his pocket

Last edited by a moderator:

lizh928

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
How does he know how long after it fell out of his pocket he noticed it? Also, do you live in a big city or small town? In regards to the place where it was dropped, was it a good or bad neighborhood?

So I was running outside and I had about 200 meters to go so I went and came back, all of which he was in sight, before that he stopped at the gym and didn't do the 200 meters with me he walked inside the gym, I saw it when we passed the gym in his pocket and when I was back, I went in thru the other door and was catching my breath when he said "Mama! the iPod is not in my pocket!" so I looked outside first because I knew outside it wouldn't stand a chance, inside the gym it'd be fine. ok neighborhood, a lot of upper end furniture shops around but there's a high school down the street.
Small town

lizh928

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Well of I were you I would definitely ask to see the security tapes (from the stores) from the timeframe it was stolen/lost in.

that would be really nice if they had cameras outside, they are high end, imported or hand crafted beds etc. 'Old Brazil' stuff like that, I was wishing for that though.

in attempts of making me feel better I try to think that who ever took it probably needed it more than us,
then find comfort in the fact that they'd have to buy chargers or whatever for it :apple:
but what you said earlier also seems plausible since in my gut I don't feel like it's in someone else's hands (as weird as that sounds)
I also keep thinking at least its not my son, or a pet that is missing, but I just hurt for the $400+ we spent on it mostly:eek:

thank you so much Mahic & kamonohashi

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.