Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:16 AM   #1
Mork
macrumors 6502

Question from Chapter 13 in Teach Yourself iOS 5 Programming in 24 Hours

When I was trying to follow along with the book's text: "selecting the root view controller scene’s view controller object and opening the Identity Inspector (Option+Command+3). Use the Class drop-down menu to pick the GenericViewController."

I did not see this class (I created this subclass in the previous step) in the list for the root view controller. I tried to click on each of the items' hierarchy in object list on the left side of XCODE-- and even clicking different parts of the root view controller in IB, but the class never was available back on the right side (using Option+Command+3). If I typed "GenericViewController directly into the "Class" field, XCODE just beeped at me.

The GenericViewController does show up in the other three objects, referenced in the book, however.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I think I'm just missing a step, but I don't see it.

Thanks,

-m
Mork is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Ides
macrumors member

Generic View Controller

I have never heard of the GenericViewController class. Maybe it means a regular UIViewController? Try just typing UIViewController for the class and see what happens.
Ides is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Mork
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides View Post
I have never heard of the GenericViewController class. Maybe it means a regular UIViewController? Try just typing UIViewController for the class and see what happens.
Right, that was a custom class created in the exercise. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

The problem actually was documented in the book's site "errata". I just got it working (I should have looked there first).

This issue with the navigation controller behavior seems to be yet another thing that changed around (or between) 4.2 and 4.3 of XCODE.

Thanks.

-m
Mork is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming