Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1
nagromme
macrumors G5

Hit Back on iPhone; link :hover color still shown... but not on all sites?

On iOS, when you tap a link, the CSS :hover color shows for a moment (which is nice).

But if you then tap the Back button, the same link is shown in :hover color without you even having to touch it. Annoying! Especially for major navigation buttons. MacRumors top navigation tabs show this problem: tap to another tab, hit Back, and youíll see.

How can I fix this in CSS? Iím stumped.

I think itís fixable, but I canít tell why some sites with :hover do not have this problem:

- CNN.com (try the blue article links)
- Apple.com (try the top tabs)
- The forums here! (try any linkóexcept, as I say, the top tabs)

(Iíve heard of people using body onunload to de-focus all links as you leave a page. But none of the three sites above seem to do that. So I donít want to throw Javascript at this problem.)

TIA!
nagromme is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development