Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Ok might sound like an easy fix like the usb cable or something but its not. My iPhone started acting weird after a few days with the jailbreak so today I decided to restore it and not jailbreaking it again.

First thing first, my phone wont charge through the computer or the wall. Tried with different adapters aswell as different cables. And when I try to hook it up to my computer and restore it via iTunes I just get a error message saying it cant use the iPhone or connect it so there is no way for me to see the phone in iTunes.

So I tried going into settings - General - Reset and erase all data but that only leave me with the spinning wheel for hourse untill i get fed up and do a hard reset and my phone comes back on like nothing happend. The fact that the phone wont charge could be hardware in which case I will get them to fix it but I really want to unJailbreak/Reset the phone so my warranty is covered.

Im getting pretty frustrated with this god damn phone! Hopefully someone is alot smarter then me.

Thanks for the help!

hrhkingjames

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
I just took mine to Apple yesterday for the same issue. She just plugged it in and saw that it was dead and not charging. I got a replacement, which appeared new and unused. I got charged $149, but if you're within your warranty, they should just swap yours out without hassle.

Doover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Hmm ok. Just feels like they will say, yeah it was jailbroken. You broke it. Though ****. Thats why Im trying to reset it before. Isnt there any way of doing that without iTunes? I guess the things in Settings but that just leaves the wheel spinning for eternity.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hmm ok. Just feels like they will say, yeah it was jailbroken. You broke it. Though ****. Thats why Im trying to reset it before. Isnt there any way of doing that without iTunes? I guess the things in Settings but that just leaves the wheel spinning for eternity.

If you cant restore it then do the erase all.
It will be stuck on the apple logo but they wont be able to tell it was JB.
And if they cant restore it either they will just replace it.

Doover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
DFU restore.

Ok Ill google that and see If im able to do that.

----------

If you cant restore it then do the erase all.
It will be stuck on the apple logo but they wont be able to tell it was JB.
And if they cant restore it either they will just replace it.

The thing is its not stuck on the apple logo, The apple pops up for like 0.5 sec then its back to the wheel again and it just sits there until I hard reset it.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
The thing is its not stuck on the apple logo, The apple pops up for like 0.5 sec then its back to the wheel again and it just sits there until I hard reset it.

Yes, its in a boot loop.
Try the DFU restore mentioned above.
If still nothing then bring it in, they wont be able to tell it was JB since it wont start up and they cant see cydia or other non-stock software installed.
Just play dumb and say you dont know what happened. You tried to update it to 5.1 and its doing that.

Doover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Yes, its in a boot loop.
Try the DFU restore mentioned above.
If still nothing then bring it in, they wont be able to tell it was JB since it wont start up and they cant see cydia or other non-stock software installed.
Just play dumb and say you dont know what happened. You tried to update it to 5.1 and its doing that.

Yeah ok, Ill try and do the DFU bit when I get home and hopefully it will reset it and I will be able to get it fixed.
Funny thing is its charging when in the boot loop thing but not otherwise.

Last edited:

Doover

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
Ok update. The phone connects and everything when in DFU mode but I have only managed to put the phone in DFU mode once and then it gave me an #2005 error so I google how to solve that, then the #1601 error came up so I tried solving that by reinstalling everything with itunes as it said on Apples site.

Now Im just struggleing to actually try getting the phone into DFU mode again. Its freakin hard with the timing! My patience is slowly going out the window. Damn!

--

Ok, I finally got the phone into DFU and successfully restored it but the phone still wont charge like and connect to itunes like it should. This is def a hardware error. Taking it to apple in the morning, Thanks for all the help and advice!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.