Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:33 AM   #1
Fritzables
macrumors regular

Code Sign error: ??

Hi All,

Up until now I have being using XCode4 to develop for OS X. Now it's time to try my hand at developing for IOS (5.0).

At this stage, I have not joined Apple's Developer Program (intending to do so).

I have created a simple test application for my iPad which has IOS 5.0. I would dearly like to put it on my iPad to see how it runs.

When I run the application under the XCode iPad 5.0 Simulator all runs well and displays what I would have expected.

As soon as I switch over to IOS Device then either attempt to Build or Archive I end up with the following error:

Code:
[BEROR]Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
I have done much searching and really don't find a definitive answer.

Can anyone assist??

Pete
Fritzables is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:39 AM   #2
jnoxx
macrumors 65816

You kinda answered your own question..
Quote:
not joined Apple's Developer Program (intending to do so).
If you read through the documentation on how to run on your own device, you need to actually pay the 99$, go through the hell (it's easy once you've done it a couple times) to make all the profiles, to install on the device.

iPad Mini, iPad 4, iPad 2, iPhone 3G,4,5, iMac 24", Mac Mini Last gen, Macbook Pro Retina with Dell U2711
jnoxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Fritzables
macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply jnoxx.
How does the system know if one is a member or not?

Pete
Fritzables is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:34 PM   #4
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzables View Post
How does the system know if one is a member or not?
After you pay, you make a signing key (a certificate/private-key pair).

You can't sign anything without a signing key.

The signing key itself is signed by Apple. The signing tool (and the device) only accepts keys signed by Apple.
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 05:41 AM   #5
jnoxx
macrumors 65816

After you payed there is an online portal, you have to make a key from your machine, accept it in the portal, you get a profile, the key/profile have to match up ON your device, and when that all is done, the app will install (only on devices that are setup in that same portal, which is 100 allowed devices per account)

iPad Mini, iPad 4, iPad 2, iPhone 3G,4,5, iMac 24", Mac Mini Last gen, Macbook Pro Retina with Dell U2711
jnoxx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming