Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tytanic11

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
Reading, PA
I have a TiVo Premiere and I'm looking to get my recorded shows from my TiVo to iTunes so that I can stream them to my appletv 3. I've tried Roxio Toast and found that it only converts at a very low resolution (480p ?), which looks like crap on my TV. Is there any way to get my recordings converted for iTunes at full resolution ?

machpost

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
Washington, DC
I have a TiVo Premiere and I'm looking to get my recorded shows from my TiVo to iTunes so that I can stream them to my appletv 3. I've tried Roxio Toast and found that it only converts at a very low resolution (480p ?), which looks like crap on my TV. Is there any way to get my recordings converted for iTunes at full resolution ?

In a PC environment, I've done this before. I used a utility called DirectShow Dump to unlock the .tivo file and turn it into a usable MPEG2 file, then used Handbrake to convert to MPEG4. It was time consuming, but the end product looked great.

A2DY

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2011
Wish this was an option on the UK TiVo.

Its so locked down you can't access the recordings on anything other than the actual TiVo. Can't even stream to another TiVo in the same network!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.