Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 3, 2012, 03:08 PM   #1
photogpab
macrumors 6502

iPod "Accessory Connected" Message - Override?

So I bought a new car and it comes with one of those nifty iPod connections. I bought myself a new iPod Classic (i have over 25,000 songs), loaded up my entire library, and I'm all set...

except one very very annoying problem. When I connect the iPod to the car i get a message on the iPod that reads "accessory connected". I cant control my music through the iPod itself. I need to do it through the car's digital menu / display.

Yes Its a fairly nice interface except I have over 25,000 songs. Getting to an artist whose name starts with, lets say "M", takes FOREVER!! Because I need to scroll from "A" all the way to "M" on the dashboard... it takes an eternity to find stuff.

Why cant I control the music through the iPod itself? Can I override this "accessory connected" message somehow??
photogpab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 11:23 AM   #2
HCGoncalves
macrumors newbie

Same issue with Ipod Nano 6th Gen Iphone 4 IOS 5.1.1

I got my car with the same interface... using Ipod Nano 6th Gen and an Iphone 4 IOS 5.1.1... I called the support line and they pretty much tell me its an apple issue... If I click on the power and click power again I can see my music title and cover... if I unlock it goes into accessory connected with no buttons to foward or pick a song... how crazy is that? Talk about control over accessories ....

I have not been able to duplicate this much and to be honest i havent even tried... But I noticed if I Hard Reset my Iphone and plug it in... That splash screen will not come back unlock I unplug my phone and plug it back in... Not sure on how I did it but I have done it a few times now....
HCGoncalves is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:18 PM   #3
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

lol this is something I was taking about with my mom. The only thing I have seen is my friends after market deck had an option that let you scroll backwards. So lets say you are in the A's you could scroll back and it would zip right to the Z's or what ever the last artist you had was. Unfortunately after some research I have found this to be a feature found on after marked decks and haven't see this on a stock deck. But on my friends deck this feature has proven very efficient and it is really cool when I plug my pod in (I close to 25,000 songs) I guess it's something to think about.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 05:16 PM   #4
asdfboy
macrumors newbie

Any luck?

I am running into this same issue. Did you have any luck resolving it? I know for iPhones there is the noaccsplash application but I haven't found anything similar for the iPod Classic.

Thank you!
asdfboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2013, 01:58 PM   #5
Jzo
macrumors member

Apple "fixed" this issue in iOS 6.1.2 (I think). But that's not really helpful for anyone that has a non-iOS iPod, or an iPod touch or iPhone that isn't supported.

A jailbreak called "no accsplash" fixes this as well, but that also isn't helpful to anyone with a classic or nano, for example.

I got around this issue completely by only playing through the Aux jack (and charging with pin connector to cigarette etc). The music doesnt show up on the dash, but a nice car dock and you're good to go.
Jzo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod