Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmarkt

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
California
I'm running Windows xp with Parallels 6 on an iMac with Lion. In recently loading some fonts on my iMac, using Font Book, a file called "ZWAdobeF.TTF" has become resident in my Applications Folder on my iMac System Tray. The icon suggests it's a Windows file, as it is displayed with the Parallels icon. It's also locked and I cannot delete it.

I can drag it to the desktop and delete that copy; however, when I return to the Apps Folder, it's still there. It does no good to drag it to the Trash Bin either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Have you checked Finder > select file >> GET INFO >>> Sharing & Permissions yet and seen, if you have the correct permissions?
MR_SS_2011_04_GET-INFO_format_permissions.png
Mac OS X - Setting Permissions

Btw, what you call "System Tray" is called "Dock", and the file has that Parallels icon, because it seems, .ttf files are associated to it and an application inside Windows.
To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

jmarkt

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
California
Thanks, simsaladimbamba. Didn't even think to do that, but was able to unlock and delete the file! It's no longer resident in the Applications Folder on my DOCK! :>)

Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.