Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exbauer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I have searched through the forums and trying to get my MMS working. Things seem to be a bit confusing since I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4. I have loaded the profiles from unlockit.co.nz and my internet is working fine. But, I am not able to send or receive MMS to or from non iPhone users. From what I am reading I need to jail break my phone even though it is factory unlocked correct? Then downloan Cyndia and then the TetherMe app to change the APN? Or is there another way to access my APN settings? Another method I am reading is getting a T-Mobile sim to access the APN settings?

A little history of my iPhone 4:
Purchased from Apple Singapore in 2010 and factory unlocked
I have been using Straight Talk for 4 months and internet is working fine.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I have searched through the forums and trying to get my MMS working. Things seem to be a bit confusing since I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4. I have loaded the profiles from unlockit.co.nz and my internet is working fine. But, I am not able to send or receive MMS to or from non iPhone users. From what I am reading I need to jail break my phone even though it is factory unlocked correct? Then downloan Cyndia and then the TetherMe app to change the APN? Or is there another way to access my APN settings? Another method I am reading is getting a T-Mobile sim to access the APN settings?

A little history of my iPhone 4:
Purchased from Apple Singapore in 2010 and factory unlocked
I have been using Straight Talk for 4 months and internet is working fine.

That is the simplest way to do what you need to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.