Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miklovo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
I've searched threads and google but cannot find a specific enough solution to my issue.

All my movies are stored on a TC and everything plays just fine and everything is connected via the network and I've tried all the no-brainers like closing and re-opening iTunes, disconnecting the TC then re-connecting it then re-opening iTunes and pointing to the TC again and still nothing.

Problem is randomly I loose my movie artwork. Sometimes it's there and sometimes I get some up to 3/4 of my artwork but never 100% and never all the time. What am I missing?? It's so frustrating that I've spent all the time tagging all these movies with metadata and then the artwork (and only the artwork, all other data shows up fine) only shows up part of the time...

Please, there must be an easy solution I'm missing!! Any help appreciated..

Thanks!!

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
Look -I vote we lobby Webster's and all other English dictionary bodies to give up and change lose to " loose" with the amount of it we see on the internet its a losing battle. Stick a fork in it the battle is done :)

Thus "loose" will become one of the words like "bow" and have two meanings.

Whooze with me?

to the original poster. i would try repair permissions and making sure your iTunes library points to the correct folder etc. There is an Apple help article on it i recall.

miklovo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
to the original poster. i would try repair permissions and making sure your iTunes library points to the correct folder etc. There is an Apple help article on it i recall.

Everything is the way it should be. ie..points to correct file folders on network disk, no issues with permissions, etc. I have no issues playing all original files and even those that have "lost" their (not there but their..which is I think even more commonly mis-used that loose and lose...) artwork, as soon as I play the movie the artwork magically appears in cover flow...

I've looked through apple support forums and all I can find is how to reset entire libraries and/or delete and re-import the movie into iTunes....I've however tested this with a few movies with no luck....

Thanks for the constructive response though, appreciate the help

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Everything is the way it should be. ie..points to correct file folders on network disk, no issues with permissions, etc. I have no issues playing all original files and even those that have "lost" their (not there but their..which is I think even more commonly mis-used that loose and lose...) artwork, as soon as I play the movie the artwork magically appears in cover flow...

I've looked through apple support forums and all I can find is how to reset entire libraries and/or delete and re-import the movie into iTunes....I've however tested this with a few movies with no luck....

Thanks for the constructive response though, appreciate the help

have you tried to restart the ATV, mine does what you describe some times but a restart usually gives me back all my artwork

bohbot16

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2009
Try this -
Close iTunes, go to ~/Music/iTunes/Album Artwork/Cache and delete what's in there.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I also had this problem a while back. I fixed it by selecting and deleting all of the files in the iTunes library, then added them all back in. Have not had a problem since doing that.

miklovo

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
I also had this problem a while back. I fixed it by selecting and deleting all of the files in the iTunes library, then added them all back in. Have not had a problem since doing that.

That was it!! Took about 4 hours to process all artwork back into iTunes but everything is there and looks great!!

Thanks for the help!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.