Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Not sure if anybody has had the same issue... I've noticed I'm not getting push email from yahoo on my iPhone or straight away but in my iPad goes through straight away

Anybody else had this issue and any advice why this is happening?

risk235

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
I have been experiencing the same thing. I tried deleting the account and adding it again to no avail.

conartist4u

macrumors regular
May 4, 2012
Lima Peru
check your push notifications like if they are working properly.

do other accounts work okay? you should be activated using official unique simcard for your phone.

btw Yahoo and all othera are technically Fetched not pushed. you need lotus or an exchange account to do the pushing.

I may be wrong....don't judge me :)

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
check your push notifications like if they are working properly.

do other accounts work okay? you should be activated using official unique simcard for your phone.

btw Yahoo and all othera are technically Fetched not pushed. you need lotus or an exchange account to do the pushing.

I may be wrong....don't judge me :)

GMail does not "push" without setting it up as an exchange account, as you mentioned. However, I do believe Yahoo will push to your device.

Not only is my Yahoo mail not being pushed, it's also not fetching properly. I have it set to 15 minutes on the interval...on many occasions I'll get an email alert and it's multiple emails on my yahoo account with times on them as old as 24 hours or so.

So you're certainly not alone OP

conartist4u

macrumors regular
May 4, 2012
Lima Peru
check push notifications are working via free app IPusher on AppStore.

you may be right about yahoo...I use exchange with Imap

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

I can't get push anything to work on my iPhone (I have tried every account that will push to an iPhone and none push). They all push fine to my iPad. This was true on 5.1 and 5.1.1. Not sure about earlier firmwares as I switched from android

conartist4u

macrumors regular
May 4, 2012
Lima Peru
I can't get push anything to work on my iPhone (I have tried every account that will push to an iPhone and none push). They all push fine to my iPad. This was true on 5.1 and 5.1.1. Not sure about earlier firmwares as I switched from android

Check if push notifications are working.
Test the iPusher app to see results. You should have unique certificate.

Imessage, facetime and emails depend on this.

EMY92

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
This happened about 6 months ago as well. It was a problem with Yahoo. I'm guessing that is the case again this time.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yeah it's happened before with yahoo but can't understand why it's fine with the iPad

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Same thing here since I updated to 5.1.1. I found this thread while searching for the issue on Bing LOL.

Extremely annoying. Yahoo mail would stop pushing occasionally ever since I had a 3GS, but nothing a quick reboot or delete/add account wouldn't fix. It is not happening on my 4S 5.1.1 after multiple reboots and deleted and re-added all accounts.

cad871

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
.me account and push

My .me email account won't push for the past week either. I have done a soft reset, closed the mail app, and neither of those help. Will only get mail when I open the program, so doesn't seem to be fetching on the schedule I have set either. I made sure push is on. .me works fine on iPad 3 . Any other suggestions?.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Not sure what else go suggest... Can it really be all down to yahoo if push works on the iPad?

aztooh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2011
I don't know. I set up my gmail account as an exchange account on the phone and I don't think I've had any issues with emails not being immediately pushed through.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Can I ask if anybody who has e-mail on yahoo..any luck with getting push again?

Also how do I set up an exchange account? it says I need to add in a server? what do I put for that?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.