Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone4champ

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Im trying to figure out what could be causing this problem.
Springtomize
activator
WinterBoard
siriport
Appcenter
lockInfo
zeppelin
and a few others. Thanks for the help:apple:

Last edited:

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Springtomize
activator
WinterBoard
siriport

I hope you know any time you install a theme on a iPhone it slows it down slightly but being older than the 4S but with newer n newer software your iPhone is going to slow down. Also Siriport....there is currently no way to get siri to work on iPhone 4 with firmware version 5.1.1

wes-

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
Springtomize
activator
WinterBoard
siriport
Appcenter
lockInfo
zeppelin

Define lag?
Did you restore before applying your jailbreak?

iphone4champ

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2010
Define lag?
Did you restore before applying your jailbreak?

Apps opening kinda slow maybe a 5 second delay.....And yes i did restore my iphone before the jailbreak.
thanks for replying

----------

I hope you know any time you install a theme on a iPhone it slows it down slightly but being older than the 4S but with newer n newer software your iPhone is going to slow down. Also Siriport....there is currently no way to get siri to work on iPhone 4 with firmware version 5.1.1

So pretty much all themes my slow down the device :confused: Also i do have siri working on my iphone 4 on 5.1.1:)
thanks

Srh12

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2012
This question I think will have a pretty obvious 'No' to answer it but here goes... If I jailbreak my iphone 4 and only install maybe 3-4 small tweaks from cydia, it isnt likely to lag much correct? I'm really talking only minor things here, not even full out themes.

ajcadoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
When I jailbroke my iphone 4, it was too slow. I eventually restored back to the original software. Jailbreaking your iPhone will naturally make it slower than before.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
When I jailbroke my iphone 4, it was too slow. I eventually restored back to the original software. Jailbreaking your iPhone will naturally make it slower than before.

It does slow it down, i have about 130 Cydia packages installed, it lags a bit but not annoyingly.

The 4S with the A5 processor has less lag.

Siri does cause considerable lag though, i tried it on my IP4 under 5.01 but it has very little value for me.
Themes are also known to cause lag, i don't use them.

It's an individual choice what to install and how much lag you want to accept.

lukeinator2

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Lag?

This question I think will have a pretty obvious 'No' to answer it but here goes... If I jailbreak my iphone 4 and only install maybe 3-4 small tweaks from cydia, it isnt likely to lag much correct? I'm really talking only minor things here, not even full out themes.
Depending on what you install (tweak wise) you may have little or absolutely no lag. :apple:

----------

Quite honestly i love the SiriPort, but it lags... ALLOT. But i have also noticed that at first it does not slow down at first, but instead over time. My theory on this is that Siri will begin to write permanent scripts in your iOS system, and over time, Siri will continue to use those scripts/ files along with the ones it is creating. I have not found where it could be potentually storing these files, but i am curios. :confused:

supertoast92

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Hey guys, sorry for hijacking this thread, but it's relative to the subject. I'm on an iPhone 4 right now, jailbroken iOS 5.1.1 and am trying to find the culprit to what's slowing me down. After a couple of days or so, I end up having to respring in order to get my speed back again. Basically I'm having lag switching between apps, unlocking the screen (especially when locked while in the music app for some unknown reason), and it takes a good 5-10 seconds to be able to use the camera. I have the following tweaks, does anyone from past experience possibly know if any of these cause the lag?

DashboardX
Intelliscreen X / Messages+
Siriport
StayOpen (keeps app store open when downloading)
Don'tBotherMe(disables update option/notification for iOS6)

Lukeholland

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
My iPhone 4 is just as fast as it was before I jailbroke it, then again I am only running NCSettings, Springtomize 2, TetherMe, WiFi Booster, and ProTube 2.

If i jailbreak my iphone 4 & only install iCleaner & Zeppelin will my iphone 4 lag? Or not at all?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.