Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Anyone out there use these types of apps? After watching a few videos on Mindnode, I decided to purchase it. It looks very interesting and I wanted to find out if anyone else had input on this.

AveChatman

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2012
I know this won't help, cos I've never tried it either, but I just checked out the website, and it looks like a great app for anyone in management, or in a creative field. Wish I had it, too.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I have used a couple. One on the iPad and one on my Mac. For me they took a little bit of getting used to. Now I pretty much use them all the time. If it is a kick off meeting or the start of a new project that is what I use them for. If it is just a regular meeting I use a note taking application.

I also use MM programs when I am starting a project on my own. They can be very useful IMHO.

Curio and Mindmeister are the two I have used. Mainly Curio on the Mac though.

MrPeripatetic

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2009
I have tried several mind mapping apps on the iPad, particularly for lecturing purposes. Most of them were deficient in too many categories to be of much practical use. However, I did find one that is very good--iThoughtsHD.

Really, the only things that are missing (for me) in iThoughtsHD are:

- children with multiple parents (this would be very powerful feature not found in any other app [as far as I am aware])
- enhanced customizability and flexibility with relationships between topics
- a Mac app version

I believe the author is working on the second, and I suggested adding the first. He seemed amenable to the idea. I do not know if there is a Mac version in the works.

You might also want to checkout iDesk. It is a pretty good diagramming app. I use that in the classroom to good effect as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.