Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

continental717

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
So last week I dropped my iPhone 4, not S (Actually it was accidentally threw) and the back glass breaks and the metal frame or something was bent. I get it to a Mobile Repair shop (My Apple Care insurance plan expired long time ago) and they changed the back and the frame and everything still works but, when I make a call or receive one. The person on the other side of the call, doesn't hear my voice like every time. I checked on Voice Memo and the microphone still works, so i think its just the Frame interference problem on the first version of iPhone 4. So I tried using a case and a bumper but still silence. I took it back to the repair shop and they diagnose the phone and they say, it'll take a few days for them to fully diagnose the problem. MAYBE the Mainboard is damage because of the impact (They say). I wanna know, What are other possibilities? other than damaged Mainboard, and is it a big deal and is it expensive to repair cuz my parents won't pay for the main board :(. Who ever been like this before ? and what happened? (Just wanna know the possibilities and how much. Its destroying my day) Thanks in advance :)

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Once you break a small electronic device, it's hard to diagnose and repair without just replacing things by process of elimination. When all is said and done you might be close to what you would have paid for a full blown replacement phone. Go to your apple store and see how much they charge for a replacement. I think you might be surprised. You won't always be paying the full price for a replacement. They are pretty good about things like that. In the end, it doesn't hurt to try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.