Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtbratt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Amherstburg, ON
Not sure if this will be very popular but thought it would be cool to share.

Ill start.

Attachments

• Photo 2012-06-21 5 43 29 PM.png
    Photo 2012-06-21 5 43 29 PM.png
    979.1 KB · Views: 432

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
After five years of never changing my dock, this app came along and made its way in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 220

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I sort of don't see the point either... :confused:

I can see how it might make a marginal difference with certain things. Not sure. Would be happy to be enlightened because it could be the start of better shortcuts for iOS overall.

EDIT: I guess... instead of clicking contacts, then scrolling or typing to find a person, then hitting dial, you can set up Launch Center to dial that person, so it looks like it saves you from the step of searching for him/her? I suppose that helps to some degree. Again, just feels very marginal. Things like toggling WiFi just seems like it'd be the same as tapping on Settings.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I sort of don't see the point either... :confused:

I can see how it might make a marginal difference with certain things. Not sure. Would be happy to be enlightened because it could be the start of better shortcuts for iOS overall.

EDIT: I guess... instead of clicking contacts, then scrolling or typing to find a person, then hitting dial, you can set up Launch Center to dial that person, so it looks like it saves you from searching for him/her? I suppose that helps to some degree. Again, just feels very marginal. Things like toggling WiFi, just seems easier (or the same) to go into Settings.

I can understand that. For instance, some of mine let me quickly search eBay, Yelp or even Google. All with just one tap (2 if you count opening the app). The best part is the app is very customizable to suit your needs.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I was thinking of this thread yesterday actually. :p.

Here's an example. I personally have Instapaper on my 2nd page. You have it stowed away in Launch Center. All I have to do is make a quick swipe and and click Instapaper, while you have to open Launch Center, then choose Instapaper.

Same with Reminders. I have that on my front screen so I can just click it. You gotta open up Launch Center before you can open it.

You're pretty much paying for an app which serves as a folder, something you can make for free.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Here's an example. I personally have Instapaper on my 2nd page. You have it stowed away in Launch Center. All I have to do is make a quick swipe and and click Instapaper, while you have to open Launch Center, then choose Instapaper.

Same with Reminders. I have that on my front screen so I can just click it. You gotta open up Launch Center before you can open it.

It's still the same amount of swipes and clicks when you think about it.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
You missed the part I edited in:

"You're pretty much paying for an app which serves as a folder, something you can make for free."

To each their own. :rolleyes: I like it. I think you're missing the fact that it has app integration, and that it will get more and more as its being developed. Instead of going straight to Safari, you're going straight to the website of choice. Instead of going to your list of messages, you're going straight to compose. That is nice for the people who bought this app.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
To each their own. :rolleyes: I like it. I think you're missing the fact that it has app integration, and that it will get more and more as its being developed. Instead of going straight to Safari, you're going straight to the website of choice. Instead of going to your list of messages, you're going straight to compose. That is nice for the people who bought this app.

I can just add the book mark to my home screen or I can make 2 taps to compose a message, the same as using Launch Center (two taps as well).

I don't really see the benefit, but rather a waste of money. The developer is a smart man...It's kinda like a placebo effect. People think their doing things quicker, but they're really not. Launch Center pretty much serves as a second home screen / launcher.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I can just add the book mark to my home screen or I can make 2 taps to compose a message, the same as using Launch Center (two taps as well).

I don't really see the benefit, but rather a waste of money. The developer is a smart man...It's kinda like a placebo effect. People think their doing things quicker, but they're really not. Launch Center pretty much serves as a second home screen / launcher.

Look, if you want to argue about the app's purpose, go do it in the main news topic here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1391720/

Otherwise you're just wasting your time because this thread is titled "Post your Launch Center Pro setup!" and not "Launch Center Pro sucks, who agrees with me?"

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Even though I don't see the point or value of this app, I do hope it does well, so that Apple will realize that people want quicker access to things (direct dial, direct message, toggle settings, etc.).

That's all I'll say.

cjedj

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
Speed dial my favourites, search Google / Wiki, message a specific contact, add an item to Things, lookup an item in 1Password, all from the same place. Just some of the things I love about this app.

Here's my screen:

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 183

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Speed dial my favourites, search Google / Wiki, message a specific contact, add an item to Things, lookup an item in 1Password, all from the same place. Just some of the things I love about this app.

Here's my screen:

Love the Deliveries w/ Add. I may just have to add that to my setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.