Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tafelkleed12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
I have my 4th gen since the start. And it is starting really getting outdated with the current available technology. Screen is small, battery is bad, graphics sucks and its just slow!!!

I think that Apple is going to stop to update the ipod touch line just like what they did with the classic line. In a way I do understand it. Why buy an ipod touch when an Iphone can do everything and better than the ipod!
I hope theyll continue this line because ipod touch was the best gadget around.

What do you guys think about this pressing matter??

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Ahh I forgot, then change that to IPS or whatever it needs to look like an iPhone 4

Yeah, I could go for that. I love my iPod Touch 4th gen but the viewing angles are horrible (everything turns bluish at the slightest angle), especially compared to my iPad 2 which has IPS but no retina. It definitely needs more RAM and a faster processor, too. I notice lag and it makes me think twice about considering an upgrade to iOS 6 once it's released, but who knows- maybe if Apple releases a new iPod touch before iOS 6, they'll have my money, I'll have a new iPod, and the problem won't exist. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.