Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRoni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2002
Just like many of you out there who have been waiting 6+ months for the new Ti to come out, I am all excited. Just today I ordered my 1Gig superdrive Ti over the phone. I could just not pass up the deal of the lifetime. Somehow it seems as though all the stars have aligned on Nov. 6. I have almost no problems with the specs at all. Except for the FSB and ram. To hell with bluetooth, I'm never going to use it anyways. Again, just my opintion.

Now the superdrive...Personally, I don't mind paying the extra $200 for the 1x slot loaded drive since it:

1. Makes the ladies wet
2. Makes other PeeCee suckers jealous
3. Allows me to burn DVD's on the road
4. Comes with iDVD only when conf. for the superdrive
5. Allows me bragging rights for at least 6 months

Since this will be the first time I own a mac, I'm pretty confident that it will last me a good 3-4 years before I need to upgrade. Until then, I will enjoy my Ti and save up money for an iPod and future G5 PowerMac.

By that time, future superdrives will be insanely fast. It just happens that my Ti w/ superdrive will hold me over until then.

Peace :D

MacRoni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2002
Oh by the way, macrumors.com has turned me into a Mac nerd

*does nerd laugh*

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Another lucky person to have ordered their new 1Ghz Ti, Congrats!
I think that the price of the Ti is now more justified seeing as it is one of the very few notebooks on the market to include a DVD burner, and deffinatly the sexiest ;)
Personally, if I do decide to buy I'll opt not to pay the premium for the SuperDrive as I have one in my QuickSilver....and I've never even used that one for writing a DVD :eek: !

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Re: Just my opinion...

Originally posted by MacRoni

Since this will be the first time I own a mac, I'm pretty confident that it will last me a good 3-4 years before I need to upgrade. Until then, I will enjoy my Ti and save up money for an iPod and future G5 PowerMac.

There's no doubt you'll be happy with it for many years, congrats and consider me jealous....and welcome to MacRumors.

:D

D

UnixMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I say the first guy to get his PB has to make a detailed post of what it's like... I want some brave sole to open up one and compare it with an older Rev B or something so we can see if there is any truth to the stuff being said on MacNN about better heat sink, a heat transfer pipe, Newer paint, newer fan, etc...

MacRoni

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2002
I will be that brave soul....I just ordered it on the 7th and it is already being assembled. I'm pretty confident in the build quality of the new rev and won't be surprised if the heat management issue has been revised.

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
Does anyone know if it's ok to sleep with your new TiBook? Can we post nude pictures of our new computers on this site? I can not wait!!!!! :D :D :D

Actually, for me, I needed a new computer. I needed that computer to be portable. I also wanted a DVD-r drive. Up until now, that meant either buying a laptop and a desktop or a laptop and an external dvd-r drive.

Now, I get a portable computer that I'll be able to take around with me with a minimum of external peripherals.

Mr Jobs

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2002
London, England
Originally posted by mcrain
Does anyone know if it's ok to sleep with your new TiBook? Can we post nude pictures of our new computers on this site? I can not wait!!!!! :D :D :D

errrmmmm....:confused: whatever takes your fancy my friend, whatever takes your fancy.

nicely

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2002
Brooklyn, NY - Cobble Hill
Powerbook revision

Originally posted by WanaPBnow
I say the first guy to get his PB has to make a detailed post of what it's like... I want some brave sole to open up one and compare it with an older Rev B or something so we can see if there is any truth to the stuff being said on MacNN about better heat sink, a heat transfer pipe, Newer paint, newer fan, etc...

Do you have a link for this on MacNN?

I just ordered a 1Ghz Powerbook, 1Gig Ram, Superdrive, and the guys at work are already jealous...and it'll be a month before it gets here. If it had all of the features you're talking about, it would make me even happier about my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.