Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hi peeps,

I used to love the 'recently added' playlist on my iPod and iPad as it meant i could listen to just my new songs but a few months ago it removed itself from iTunes, how can i get it back? I don't want to manually create a playlist and put songs in it myself, the 'recently added' playlist did it automatically.
If i am correct i think it was removed after an iTunes update.

All help appreciated,
Thanks

TomAndrews

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
London, United Kingdom
Hello!

To recreate the playlist (which is known as a 'smart playlist'), go into iTunes on your computer. Click on 'file' on the top left, and then click on 'new smart playlist'. A box will then come up in which you can select certain criteria for. Just match it to the one in the picture (which is my 'recently added' playlist).

Hope this helped, let me know if not!

Attachments

• Screeny Shot 20 Jul 2012 00.10.06.png
    Screeny Shot 20 Jul 2012 00.10.06.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 3,157

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Hello!

To recreate the playlist (which is known as a 'smart playlist'), go into iTunes on your computer. Click on 'file' on the top left, and then click on 'new smart playlist'. A box will then come up in which you can select certain criteria for. Just match it to the one in the picture (which is my 'recently added' playlist).

Hope this helped, let me know if not!

Thanks!!!! One issue, it is including my recently added movies aswell. How do i make it just for the latest songs i've added?

Thanks

TomAndrews

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2012
London, United Kingdom
Thanks!!!! One issue, it is including my recently added movies aswell. How do i make it just for the latest songs i've added?

Thanks

Not a problem! I assume you'd press the plus on the right hand side, then - from the first drop down list - select 'Media kind'. Second drop down list would be 'is', and the final list would be 'music'. Like in the picture.

If that doesn't work, change the second drop down list to 'is not' and the third list to 'movie'. Hopefully that would work for you!

Again, i'm no master at this i'm kinda just guessing, so if it doesn't work, or if anyone knows another way then let me know :)

Attachments

• Screeny Shot 20 Jul 2012 12.37.54.png
    Screeny Shot 20 Jul 2012 12.37.54.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 742

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
Not a problem! I assume you'd press the plus on the right hand side, then - from the first drop down list - select 'Media kind'. Second drop down list would be 'is', and the final list would be 'music'. Like in the picture.

If that doesn't work, change the second drop down list to 'is not' and the third list to 'movie'. Hopefully that would work for you!

Again, i'm no master at this i'm kinda just guessing, so if it doesn't work, or if anyone knows another way then let me know :)

Oh thanks, the drop down menu wasn't viewable for me but i have it now.
thank you so much!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.