Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

999blb

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Hey everyone.

I recently just got an iPod touch 2G on the 4.2.1 firmware. It has 8 GB on it at the moment. What I was wondering was: what apps do you guys recommend I put on it? It can be for information, games, anything that you guys think is essential for it!

I just want to have the best experience on it with the best apps I can use.

Thanks.

ShaleBeach

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
If you use gmail or google apps than definitely Google Chrome or the Google App, I prefer it more than Safari, and think it is more seamless and easier to use.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
If you use gmail or google apps than definitely Google Chrome or the Google App, I prefer it more than Safari, and think it is more seamless and easier to use.

just a heads up but, Chrome doesn't work on ios 4.2.1, you need at least 4.3; this means that chrome doesn't support ipod touch 2g model!!!! I have had it for about 3 years now, can't wait to upgrade to the new ipod touch!!!!

ShaleBeach

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
just a heads up but, Chrome doesn't work on ios 4.2.1, you need at least 4.3; this means that chrome doesn't support ipod touch 2g model!!!! I have had it for about 3 years now, can't wait to upgrade to the new ipod touch!!!!

.....oh....oops, well I havent downloaded it yet on my 2G touch, so sorry about a possible letdown. What about the Google app? or is that what your were talking about? (i do believe that the Google app and the Google Chrome app are different things)

StintheBeast

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2012
Cambridge
Hey everyone.

I recently just got an iPod touch 2G on the 4.2.1 firmware. It has 8 GB on it at the moment. What I was wondering was: what apps do you guys recommend I put on it? It can be for information, games, anything that you guys think is essential for it!

I just want to have the best experience on it with the best apps I can use.

Thanks.

Facebook and Twitter sometimes work, mostly the apps just crash though. Best games that actually run smoothly are Bloons TD4, Solitaire, Jetpack Joyride, and Flick Home Run. I pretty much only use it for music, email, and internet. It's still decently fast if you have good wi-fi, youtube works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.