Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
I just told you. Delete the uncompleted downloaded App from your Launchpad. Click and hold the App until it starts wobbling and then click the X.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
right but again HOW? pressing delete or dragging it to trash wont work, how EXACTLY do I delete a paused download or one who is not complete and still downloading?

zurichuk

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
right but again HOW? pressing delete or dragging it to trash wont work, how EXACTLY do I delete a paused download or one who is not complete and still downloading?

Did you try this? .... 1 post above yours

I just told you. Delete the uncompleted downloaded App from your Launchpad. Click and hold the App until it starts wobbling and then click the X.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Thank you my apologies it did not show the entire message before for some reason.

I have a question, if I have a software in this case Mountain Lion already installed and the app store knows its installed cause when I went to press download it said I already have it installed, it made me sign in to my apple ID and than charged me $20 even though I had it installed, shouldn't it automatically know I am running it so therefore put it in my purchased unit? In this example I did not originally download it from app store.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
Yes it should be showing up in your purchases in the App Store. I take it you had a GM copy and now want it to show as purchased. It should be there in purchases.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
close, I downloaded the retail from a torrent site, works fine its retail copy but just didnt show up under purchases when I clicked download it charged me $20 when it already told me I had it installed, how can I rectify this?

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
Just close your App Store and reopen and see if it shows up. Purchases usually show up straight away and if it has been charged to your account it should be there. Call Apple if it doesn't eventually show up and you have been charged on your account.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
if I download something from a DMG file and dont buy it from the app store, does that show up in my purchases too eventually cause it knows I have it installed on my machine?

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
by the way where can i go to login to my facebook so I can share stuff on facebook and update my status through ML? I am going nuts looking for it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.