Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starbai

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Hi all...

I feel like kicking myself for being an early adopter of Mountain Lion.

My MB Pro was running just fine on Lion and I was turned on by the new features of mountain lion and jumped on the upgrade.

Ever since then I keep getting the spinning wheel of death way to often. The computer is almost slowed to a halt.

At first I thought it was firefox so I stopped using it and started using chrome/safari instead but still seem to have the problem.

I'm monitoring my cpu usage in activity monitor... and every 30 seconds or so, something called "CalendarAgent" has been spiking and using upwards of 90%+ of my CPU...

I THINK this may be the issue... but does anyone know what this is? I've googled around for about an hr now and I can't find any relevant issue on how to figure out what program is using this 'agent' or how to disable, or work around a fix to get it to stop utilizing so much of my CPU every few few seconds....

Is anyone else having this problem with mountain lion?

Does anyone know what the heck 'CalendarAgent' is and how to stop the issues I'm having with it?

I'm desperate... I started using my windows xp desktop today just to get my work done/remain productive... I gotta figure something out and soon because I use my mac for work and for school...

Anyone?? Please??? :)

PS... couple other things I've tried including running disk repair with no issues found... also the machine has 8gb of memory and I'm no where near maxing it out when this error pops up. I routinely have well over 3-4gb free in fact.

Running out of ideas....

starbai

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
will try it... and report back... thanks for the help/suggestion! :eek:

starbai

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
for now it seems that its fixed! thanks for the suggestion!

Its still running a little slow... QTKitServer (2904) Quick look satellite - general seems to be the other process hogging resources very intermittently.

I have read some things regarding it saying it has something to do with Flip4Mac, but I dont have flip4mac installed on my machine... (I use vlc for wmv's if necessary)

mdapple

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
sorry if this is a noob question but what are "network accounts" and how do i reset them?

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
Had same issue last night when I added my work Exchange account. Mac went to a crawl. I removed it and re-added (after a reboot) and all is well

themir

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Calendar Agent!!

Yes, I am having the same issue. It just clogs up the memory and brings every thing to a stand still till i am asked to force quit applications because there is not enough memory left!!

teddyb109

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Network accounts

System Preferences>Mail, Contacts and Calendars. What's odd is that I have iCloud, Google Apps for Your Domain and a regular Google account working in Mail and Calendar and messages but only the iCloud account shows in the preference pain. Trying to remove the accounts from within Calendar instead Preferences>Accounts

escapism

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
Problem solved for me ...

I had the same problem: Calendar agent consuming 100% of CPU and running my Mac fool.

Solution: I had running Cobook, an address book App. Obviously it caused the calendar agent to permanent sync. Quitting Cobook calmed down the calendar agent at once and everything calmed down.

Hope it will help for you! Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.