Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Anyone else having a problem with the Mountain Lion download being really slow, or stopping altogether?

I got 2.25mb (yes, mb) downloaded then it restarted the download...had the same thing happen when trying to download a few iTunes songs. Are Apple's servers just completely overloaded?

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
It took me 4 hours to download on my MBP 13 late 2011 with a 3 mbs DSL connection (Verizon's idea of "high speed internet" around here - grrrrr) Then another hour to install, but everything went smoothly and I've had no problems with the OS. A couple glitches with apps, but hopefully, those will be fixed shortly.

foxcanyon

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2012
VERY slow download!!!!

It took nearly 22 hours do download Mountain lion and another 45 minutes to install it... Considering it is now August 4th, its hard to blame overworked Apple servers... it seems the file is cumbersome and the download process a royal pain... Lets see how it works now that Ive gone to all this trouble....
:mad:

Zerozal

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
PA
It took nearly 22 hours do download Mountain lion and another 45 minutes to install it... Considering it is now August 4th, its hard to blame overworked Apple servers... it seems the file is cumbersome and the download process a royal pain... Lets see how it works now that Ive gone to all this trouble....
:mad:

I just downloaded it yesterday afternoon (03-Aug) and completed the entire download in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Maybe something is screwy with your ISP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.