Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laasehn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Hi,

after having installed Mountain Lion, I need to approve on the MAC that shares the screen every time ... In LION and Snow Leopard, I just needed to do this once, and then I would be allowed to do Screen Sharing without it.

Any chance you know how to fix this please write.

Thanks
Lasse

Redsand187

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
Central Washington State
Hi,

after having installed Mountain Lion, I need to approve on the MAC that shares the screen every time ... In LION and Snow Leopard, I just needed to do this once, and then I would be allowed to do Screen Sharing without it.

Any chance you know how to fix this please write.

Thanks
Lasse

I can no longer even find the computers on the network to screen share after updating. Did they move it? Sharing settings are all correct. :confused: I can see my NAS.

Nero Wolfe

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I had this problem (in Lion) and I fixed it by deleting the network password entry in the login keychain* for the computer I was having to constantly enter the password for.

*Launch Keychain Access, click login under 'keychains', sort by Kind in the main field then locate the network password entry for the computer that's asking for the password repeatedly. Delete that entry.

This worked for me. I only had to enter my password one more time (to regenerate the keychain entry) and it's worked fine ever since. Be sure to try this on the computer that's attempting to connect, not the target computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.