Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

number84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
Is it just me or are others also noticing more apps crashing lately? In particular Facebook (well, FB app has always been a bit flaky), Chrome and Atomic Browser.

These crash and return me to the home screen a lot more than they used to. I'm using an iPad 3, btw.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Is it just me or are others also noticing more apps crashing lately? In particular Facebook (well, FB app has always been a bit flaky), Chrome and Atomic Browser.

These crash and return me to the home screen a lot more than they used to. I'm using an iPad 3, btw.

As a relatively new iPad 3 owner,I don't really have a baseline,but I do seem to get more crashes (particularly in safari) than I do on say, my iphone 4s, which is weird considering the iPad has more ram, and I only ever open 2-3 tabs at a time.

number84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2011
Safari's been pretty good for me though as I don't recall it ever crashing on me. But I like using the 3rd party browsers but gets quite annoying. I don't think it's a RAM issue, but you never know.

BluePhoenixRa

macrumors regular
May 19, 2012
Nope, no issues like that.
Stupid question, but, did you try restarting the device?
Also turn off all background apps before restart..might help.

kokhean

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
The only application that crashes for me was the Facebook application. It even takes a few seconds more to open, as compared to the "instant" opening on an iPad 2.

3rd Gen iPad

VFC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
SE PA.
As a first time Apple product user, I'm surprised how often apps crash on my new iPad. I have quite a few apps that crash intermittently (I guess Apple is now no different than MS); but I'm really surprised with the number of times Safari crashes.

Two days ago, all the purchased apps disappeared in the App Store. I'm getting app updates, so the store still knows I own the apps. So I am searching for a solution to bring the purchased apps icons back.

This experience is reinforcing my decision to buy the MS Surface (Win8) later this year as Apple no longer has the stability advantage.

Edit - I just got an e-mail from my sister about a washing machine problem. I opened the link and Safari crashed. Try it, crashes every time; even after a fresh restart. Works fine in MS XP & Vista using IE and Chrome.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t198600-lg_washing_machine_awful_mildew_smell

Last edited:

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
As a first time Apple product user, I'm surprised how often apps crash on my new iPad. I have quite a few apps that crash intermittently (I guess Apple is now no different than MS); but I'm really surprised with the number of times Safari crashes.

Two days ago, all the purchased apps disappeared in the App Store. I'm getting app updates, so the store still knows I own the apps. So I am searching for a solution to bring the purchased apps icons back.

This experience is reinforcing my decision to buy the MS Surface (Win8) later this year as Apple no longer has the stability advantage.

Edit - I just got an e-mail from my sister about a washing machine problem. I opened the link and Safari crashed. Try it, crashes every time; even after a fresh restart. Works fine in IE and Chrome.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t198600-lg_washing_machine_awful_mildew_smell

My wife's iPad 2 had this problem a couple of weeks ago. I fixed it by closing out the App Store in the multitasking bar and reopening it.

VFC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
SE PA.
My wife's iPad 2 had this problem a couple of weeks ago. I fixed it by closing out the App Store in the multitasking bar and reopening it.

Thanks; I tried that and it didn't work. I tried a few suggestions from the support forum, but still no luck. One suggestion is to buy another app and hope the entire purchased app list gets refreshed. I'll try that when I see something good to purchase.

I haven't had problems like this since Windows 3.1 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.