Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
hi

i have a iphone 3gs 16gb on 5.1.1 and 6.15

it started turning it self off and going into recover mode so i tried to jailbreak it again etc and restoring it but now its stuck in recovery mode and wont come out of it no matter how many times ive restored it

help!!!!!

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
yeah ireb reconises it but what could that do? will the iphone show up in tu now? even when i restore it etc it goes straight back to recovery mode

what have i done and can it be fixed

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
You could try restoring it to stock 5.1.1 in there or clicking "Set Auto Boot True" which it says fixes recovery mode loops but I've never used iReb so I can't say for sure what it does. Don't blame me if something stops working, just trying to offer suggestions here! :)

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
im currently restoring using stock but normally goes to the activing screen in itunes and then no sim installed cos of the ipad bb but no it goes straight into recovery

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
but surely restoring to stock should fix it? and then i can start again

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
and the phone was working until a few days ago with the ipad baseband etc

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Yeah was 6.15. Yeah was randomly going in it all started when I tried to reflash the baseband now I have this problem

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
What are the first 5 digits of your serial number ?

If you flashed the iPad baseband and the phone continued working after that, then there is another issue.

Did you try another hack ?
Did you install anything from Cydia ?

Could the battery be failing ?

waynef89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 4, 2012
Will downgrading the bb help then and yeah the phone was working with the iPad baseband cos I checked the serial number etc I always do

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
It can bring back your normal BB, get back GPS functionality and after that restore to 5.1.1 while prserving that BB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.