Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Depending on how you view a diagonal line it might seem like it is rising or falling. Is going from left to right from bottom to top generally considered rising?

Thanks.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Since we (U.S.) reads left-to-right and top-to-bottom, that's how we read diagonal lines as well.

\ downhill

/ uphill

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
need more info

type of machine: (ie: Laptop or desktop)

Which model: (ie: Macbook, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacMini...)

have you connected another display to see if it is the monitor or logic board?

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
type of machine: (ie: Laptop or desktop)

Which model: (ie: Macbook, MacBook Pro, iMac, MacMini...)

have you connected another display to see if it is the monitor or logic board?

Most useless response (question?) to a relatively straightforward question. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you didn't read the OP's post.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Most useless response (question?) to a relatively straightforward question. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you didn't read the OP's post.

In my line of business, I get questions about lines on the screen all the time. I read it to mean that he had a diagonal line on his screen. Now that I look back and see that it is in a design and graphics area I realize he is talking about a graphically drawn line.

I apologize for trying to diagnose a problem.

I must not have read it clearly, after all, I had just gotten out of the hospital Monday after having a heart attack Friday... no joke.

Last edited:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I agree with Citizenzen.
in US, that looks like the right method for the observation.

And the third post was strange but reading the explanation make some sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.