Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

littledreamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Hi there! I know there are like, a bazillion threads out there asking for the same advice, but I've done everything suggested and let me tell you, NOTHING WORKS!!

So, I was trying to jailbreak my phone in order to unlock it myself (that was a bust btw) and somewhere along the way after I'd more or less given up, I was trying to take the phone out of DFU mode (after I'd already wiped it completely and restored it to factory settings) when lo and behold - it got stuck in recovery mode.

I've had it hooked up to three, THREE different laptops, for the past two days, and still, iTunes insists that there is an error while trying to restore. It's gotten to the point where the apple logo and restore bar don't even show up on the phone, just a USB asking me to connect the iPhone to iTunes.

Is there a way to get out of recovery mode so that I can use my phone?

Anxiety has set in. I'm worried it'll be a brick forever.

cableguy619

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
Hi there! I know there are like, a bazillion threads out there asking for the same advice, but I've done everything suggested and let me tell you, NOTHING WORKS!!

So, I was trying to jailbreak my phone in order to unlock it myself (that was a bust btw) and somewhere along the way after I'd more or less given up, I was trying to take the phone out of DFU mode (after I'd already wiped it completely and restored it to factory settings) when lo and behold - it got stuck in recovery mode.

I've had it hooked up to three, THREE different laptops, for the past two days, and still, iTunes insists that there is an error while trying to restore. It's gotten to the point where the apple logo and restore bar don't even show up on the phone, just a USB asking me to connect the iPhone to iTunes.

Is there a way to get out of recovery mode so that I can use my phone?

Anxiety has set in. I'm worried it'll be a brick forever.

googling the error code is usually a good start.

Did you back up your shhh blobs with tiny umbrella?

Nomrally it is just a hand up with itunes, I have had to go as far as reinstalling itunes a few times. Just be patient and follow the steps again. It can be stubborn sometimes, but usually fairly easy to get back into restore mode by putting yourself back into DFU mode

Google and youtube, redmondpie.com might have some answers too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.