Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mountainlion-150x149.png

Apple today released OS X 10.8.1, the first maintenance update to OS X Mountain Lion. The update is available directly from Apple's site or via the Software Update mechanism that directs users to the Mac App Store for updates.

The update is Build 12B19, up two build numbers from last Friday's developer seed.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
OS X 10.8.1 is a relatively small update at just 24.2 MB, with Apple pushing out a handful of high-priority fixes for issues discovered in the initial public release of OS X Mountain Lion.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.8.1 with Fixes for Migration Assistant, Exchange, and iMessage Issues

efengle

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
command line softwareupdate still works!

I was thinking that since all OS updates now occur through Mac App Store app, that Apple would remove the softwareupdate command line executable, but they haven't!

caligomez

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
San Juan, PR
I just hopes this fixes the issue where my MBP would lose the 3 finger and 4 finger multi touch gestures capabilities when waking from sleep (not always, but often enough)..

simon the diver

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2010
in UK wants to download 4.something gigs

Here in the uk i just hit the download for 10.8.1 in software update and it tells me i already have 10.8 installed - do i want to install it again ?

Then it proceeds to download a 4.something gigb file

Hmm

I stopped that

Edit....
Okay - if you wait an extra minute or two then a second mountain lion will paear in software update- this is the small updater not all of 10.8.1 - be patient people and all will be okay

Last edited:

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Hopefully this will fix my mail going offline everytime I wake from sleep.

And also fix the bug that means I can't share from iPhoto because it can't see a connection.

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
https://twitter.com/wsellers/status/238655598642749440/photo/1/large

I thought this was supposed to be a small update/footprint?!?!?

Here in the uk i just hit the download for 10.8.1 in software update and it tells me i already have 10.8 installed - do i want to install it again ?

Then it proceeds to download a 4.something gigb file

Hmm

I stopped that

Thats the full download of Mountain Lion as if you were doing a new install, for some reason it is showing on the update screen. If you wait for it to finish checking for updates or click check for updates again the actual update should appear in a separate box at the top.

InfinitiG

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Can someone let me know if three finger swipe for going back and forward in folders is fixed. It works intermittently currently

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.