Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rugbyplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
It has worked perfectly for years, but after installing ML Ive had trouble. I was able to do a repair with Drive Genius once, but now DG cant find it either.
I keep getting this message:
The backup disk image “/Volumes/Derek Coke-Kerr's Time Caps/Derek Coke-Kerr’s Computer.sparsebundle” is already in use.
and I can't do anything to find Time Capsule through preferences. Any help would be very welcome.

iMarvin

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2011
On the internet!
It has worked perfectly for years, but after installing ML Ive had trouble. I was able to do a repair with Drive Genius once, but now DG cant find it either.
I keep getting this message:
The backup disk image “/Volumes/Derek Coke-Kerr's Time Caps/Derek Coke-Kerr’s Computer.sparsebundle” is already in use.
and I can't do anything to find Time Capsule through preferences. Any help would be very welcome.

I keep getting the same message, i'm gonna try some stuff today and ill let you know if it works or not. :)

Update:

I solved the problem by turning off my computer, unplugging it from the wall. Then went over to the time capsule and yanked the power on it, let it be for a couple of seconds and plugged it back in again. Waited until the light turned green, then i started my iMac. It found the disk straight away and now it's backing up. :)

Last edited:

Rugbyplayer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Thanks...I did the same think...was worried as I didn't want to lose my data...I also0 did a s
"soft reset"by pressing the reset button...and now Im getting my backups.
Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.