Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwreck

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
What can we expect for next year?

My predictions, assuming we see an iPad mini in 2012:
Another evolutionary iPad; slightly thinner, better camera, A6, Lightning.
iPhone 5S
Apple will sell more iPads than HP sells PCs.

What do you think?

Bishwasher

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Portsmouth,UK
No new iPhone.

iPad 4 (an iPad 3 but with Siri and lightning dock connection and A6 chip like iPhone 5) Will also be bigger at least 10.2 inches (bigger than S G Note and bigger model S G tab 2). Available in a wider variety of colours.

Last edited:

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
iPhone will sell 200,000,000 phones, breaking the 2012 sales record by 40,000,000 phones.

The iPhone 5F will bring NFC and fingerprint scanning for unlock and purchase validation.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
2013? Whadda you mean 2013? Ain't the world suppose to end December 12, 2012.:p Sorry, couldn't resist.

2013...lets see...

1) :apple: stocks tops $1000 because they won't split the stock most sensible publicly traded company would.

2) Me kicking myself again for selling off 19 of the 20 shares of :apple: stock I was given back in 1996.

3) Me not winning the psychic of the year...yet again. Although, I will win it in 2015.;)

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
  • iPhone 5S: Better camera, Apple A7, NFC, fingerprint scanner, improved speaker system, ac band WiFi. Huge complaints from MR, still have 3 million preorders.
  • iPad (2013): Thinner, new cameras, lightning connector, A6X processor
  • Mac Pro: Most radical update since its inception. New design, Thunderbolt, bazillion-core etc
  • MacBook Pro: Kill off the 'c'MBP with 13-inch retina model. Price reductions and upgraded processor.
  • MacBook Air: Faster, more effieicent processors. Still no 15".
  • iMac: Faster processors, more RAM as standard, no optical drive, no retina.
  • Mac mini: Small update, processor bump.
  • iOS 7: Some cool stuff. Still no complete redesign.
  • Mac OS X: 10.9 introduced, Siri comes to Mac as headline feature.
  • iPods: Remain largely unchanged, price reductions.
  • Misc: Apple shares to hit $800-900, sues loads more companies, still no fabled iTV.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
  • iPhone 5S: Better camera, Apple A7, NFC, fingerprint scanner, improved speaker system, ac band WiFi. Huge complaints from MR, still have 3 million preorders.
  • iPad (2013): Thinner, new cameras, lightning connector, A6X processor
  • Mac Pro: Most radical update since its inception. New design, Thunderbolt, bazillion-core etc
  • MacBook Pro: Kill off the 'c'MBP with 13-inch retina model. Price reductions and upgraded processor.
  • MacBook Air: Faster, more effieicent processors. Still no 15".
  • iMac: Faster processors, more RAM as standard, no optical drive, no retina.
  • Mac mini: Small update, processor bump.
  • iOS 7: Some cool stuff. Still no complete redesign.
  • Mac OS X: 10.9 introduced, Siri comes to Mac as headline feature.
  • iPods: Remain largely unchanged, price reductions.
  • Misc: Apple shares to hit $800-900, sues loads more companies, still no fabled iTV.

Actually, a lot of these make sense....:D

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
My guess is that Apple are going to do something very special with the mac pro (not just a normal update) that will delight the power users and make the 3 year wait, worthwhile.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
Looks like the world didn't end. At least not yet.

I believe that occurs on the 21st.

link

The Long Count's "zero date" was set at a point in the past marking the end of the third world and the beginning of the current one, which corresponds to 11 August 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar. This means that the fourth world will also have reached the end of its 13th b'ak'tun, or Mayan date 13.0.0.0.0, on 21 December 2012. In 1957, Mayanist and astronomer Maud Worcester Makemson wrote that "the completion of a Great Period of 13 b'ak'tuns would have been of the utmost significance to the Maya". In 1966, Michael D. Coe wrote in The Maya that "there is a suggestion ... that Armageddon would overtake the degenerate peoples of the world and all creation on the final day of the 13th [b'ak'tun]. Thus ... our present universe [would] be annihilated [in December 2012] when the Great Cycle of the Long Count reaches completion."

Happy New B'ak'tun!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
The Mac Pro will officially be killed off by Apple, and custom spec Imacs will attempt to bridge the gap...Possible dual CPU's and better GPU options.

I will attempt to and probably fail to finish my current album. Christmas will happen on the 25Th without issue.:)

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
My predication for 2013

1) will not take place; Maya's are right ...
2) if they are wrong,we get a retina mini iPad in March and an 128GB iPhone 5S in July (S for Storage)
3) if the Mac Pro come out: My wife would not agree ... And declare me crazy ... (That's less a prediction; more what happen anyway today ;) )

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
My prediction

I predict 2013 will be the year of the Apple television set, with Apple's announcement followed by (or even preempted by) a bunch of competitors, not just Google TV but other big players.

Forum users and columnists will discount the chances of Apple's success because the technical features aren't everything we could imagine they'd be, not all content providers are onboard, and Apple expects us to pay Apple prices for this new toy.

However, with its foot in the door, Apple will have entered a new market, mini-revolutionized it in some way, and will get a good percentage of that market as it evolves. Apple's real advantage won't be patented interface techniques but its total integration of hardware, software, and services.

And then they'll be some kind of scandal like antennagate or a new maps app and we'll all get distracted and stop talking about television sets.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
nVidia is going to make a killing via their ARM based chips. Expect something at CES. It is sink or swim time for AMD. Maybe their new ultra low power chips that are still struggling on Brazos can make some headway against Atom in the Windows 8 tablet market. Their new Jaguar core, set to replace Brazos, will probably show up at CES too.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Removal of ODD is taking on the DVD player
Game centre in OS-X is taking on the Wii
Apple TV is taking on the DVD player and parts of cable (which set-top boxes have a HORRID UI at present. Don't you just hate TiVo?).

What's next in the battle of the living room and the effort to tidy up the mess of cables behind your modern day TV set? More cloud services to reduce the need for physical media? Ability to record live TV and gaming onto the cloud?

Sound? More content on ATV to make cable less relevant?

Some random thoughts, I am sure Ive is pondering already

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.