Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rprossor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I have updated my iphone 4 to ios 6. The problem is that the toolbar at the bottom of Mail has disappeared! I receive mail no problem and can read it but I have no option to write a new mail, forward a mail, flag a mail etc....

Any ideas how to get it back??

Richard

rprossor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Found a fix on an old forum: press power button until power off slider screen appears, then press and hold home button for 5 - 10 seconds until screen resets.
Happy again :)
Richard

Palikate

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
That fix no longer works. You get the voice control and there isn't a power off bar. I'm having the same problem.

----------

Actually it does work. I tried it again and it works. Thanks.

YoungieD

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
Just reset mail

1) Close mail on the iPhone or iPad ...
2) double press the home button ...
3) hold your finger over the mail icon until you see the 'x'
4) touch the 'x' for mail to completely close the app
5) Press home to exit the running apps
6) Re-launch mail

When you close the app it's still running in the background. Doing these steps shuts it down completely and when you relaunch the icons should be there.:)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This problem just happened to a friend of mine who recently bought an iPhone 5. The solution above ("force quitting" the Mail app) solved the problem.

But it put a little tarnish on that story I'd always told her about how simple iOS is to use.

Turgood

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2013
Power down the phone.

Powering down the phone worked for me. I had the same problem and "rprossor" had the fix! Thanks much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.