Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Hey guys I am on the verizon network..LTE...does it take a long time for yalls picture messages to go through? can somebody try and send one right now on their verizon iphone 5's?

Thank you

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
If it's an iMessage it's almost instant because of the LTE, but if it's a standard MMS, couldn't tell you, I haven't sent one yet

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
What's the size of the image? Verizon has a limit on size. If too large, it won't go.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Mine appears to be going slower on AT&T using imessage to send pictures. Doesn't seem to matter what size. image from the net, image taken with camera, or screen shot. They all seem slower than what I remembered using my 4s, but I also haven't used the 4s since the iP5 announcement when I sold it.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
What's the size of the image? Verizon has a limit on size. If too large, it won't go.

It always goes.
The network automaticly shrinks it and resizes it before its send out to the recipients device. So the quality you have on your phone is not what will arrive at the other persons phone.
To get the actual size and quality you should use imessage or email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.