Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I have been using my iPhone 4 in an armband for the gym for about a year and a half, and never had any problems.
So I have bought an armband for the gym on ebay for my iPhone 5, its pretty soft so I am not really worried about it scratching. However, there is quite a large open port on the bottom where the dock connector, speaker, microphone is. I was concerned that if a small amount of sweat got into that area triggered the water sensor, it would void the warranty.

Does anybody know where the water sensor is located on the iPhone 5?

pure3d2

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I have been using my iPhone 4 in an armband for the gym for about a year and a half, and never had any problems.
So I have bought an armband for the gym on ebay for my iPhone 5, its pretty soft so I am not really worried about it scratching. However, there is quite a large open port on the bottom where the dock connector, speaker, microphone is. I was concerned that if a small amount of sweat got into that area triggered the water sensor, it would void the warranty.

Does anybody know where the water sensor is located on the iPhone 5?

You can take an educated guess based on this diagram. How much sweat did you manage to get in there anyway?

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Sim tray

On the IP5, you can slide the sim tray out and look in. There is a circle that is white if normal, red if watered. There is probably another indicator somewhere, but I don't know where.

naz-dream-boys

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
I havent actually got any sweat into the iPhone, but I was just worried in case I did.
I've checked inside the sim tray and can see the water sensor :)

beckylynn

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2013
iphone 5 water damage indicator

-take the sim card tray out.
- look inside with a light
- the indicator is on the top side of the phone inside the sim slot (on the side closest to the screen, not the bottom of the phone.)
-looks like a little white circle with the middle indented.
if it is pink, there is water damage, if white you're good to go !

Raggsokk

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
There are multiple sensors to determine water damage in the iPhone 5. One is located inside the headphone jack, the other is inside the phone, next to the battery.

Unless you pick your iPhone apart and rub it under your arms, you'll be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.