Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weezite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Has anyone with a Nike Forearm Sleeve been able to see if an iPhone 5 fits inside of it? I've wanted to get this sleeve since it was released, but I didn't want to buy it to use for my iPhone 4 for a couple of months and then have it be useless with my iPhone 5.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Haven't seen it but I can highly recommend the Belkin iPhone 5 arm band.
It's very comfortable, easy to adjust and easy to see and work the screen.

hogprint

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2006
Wisconsin
Just test fitted mine. If you don't have one don't buy. Two issues I see. One the window is sized for the 4s and below. While the device fits in the sleeve the "slide to unlock" slider is obscured by the black material. Secondly the port for the headphone cable is on what would be the lower right rather than the lower left of the 5. My cable will fit but it was a rather acute angle to feed its way out. I guess I have a $30+ item that will lurk at the back of a drawer...

weezite

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Ah, just what I was afraid of. Thanks hogprint. Hopefully they'll make an updated version of it. Guess I'll be ordering an Armpocket.

section215

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2011
NYC
It doesn't work perfectly but it works well enough, for me at least... not having full screen coverage through the plastic film is not ideal but all the basic functionality you need to say use the Nike+ app during a run is workable.

Disappointing, though, that Nike seems so unenthusiastic about updating the product.

fancyfeline

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2013
I love the Nike sleeve, it's been the only way so far that has worked for my iPhone 4, however, I destroyed my phone and had to upgrade to the iPhone 5, it fits upside down in the sleeve, and you have to turn the sleeve around to face the inside of your forearm, is not perfect but I have not found an arm band that could replace the sleeve. FYI, if you sweat a lot you have to improvised a barrier between the phone and the part that's closest to your arm....

Gooner49

macrumors demi-god
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
Not as good as it looks.

Here's the link:

Belkin EaseFit Plus Armband For New Apple iPhone 5 (Black)
http://amzn.com/B0094CX0NO

I tried searching for more information regarding this particular product and the more I researched the more dirt I got.
I copy-pasted couple of reviews which will show just why this product should not be bought.

Ruined my iPhone - stay away!!!
Tracy V. October 2, 2012

I picked this up from a local store and used it for only a day. Went for a 4 mile run with my iPhone 5 in this armband, my phone stopped working halfway.
I didn't stop thinking it was probably drained of battery.
Got back, took out the phone from the armband and to my horror, the material of this armband was soaking with sweat which seeped into the charger opening as a result.
I charged my phone at home but got nothing.
Finally took it to the AT&T store and they confirmed that there had been water damage to the phone, and that this was not covered under Apple's warranty.
I had my iPhone 5 for exactly 3 days with a new contract that I had waited so patiently for.
Now AT&T won't cancel my contract or give me a replacement. I am now back to use my iPhone 3GS till I figure out how (and if) I can get my phone fixed.
I wanted to warn everyone before they went through the same trouble that I did.
It is infuriating to have ruined such a precious phone because of a cheaply made $20 case that shouldn't be on the market in the first place.
SHAME ON YOU BELKIN.

Buyer Beware, Does not protect precious iPhone 5
AJ Grayson October 6, 2012

I bought this armband due to the fact that I previously owned 2 Belkin armbands. One for the iPhone 3G and one for the iPhone 4.
Needless to say I didn't heed any of the comments due to my previous experience with the companies armband products.
This armband is missing one key component that the other two had, a back flap.
This flap folded behind the phone and back into the pouch to give it a nice "seal".
This flap did not make the armband water proof, just water resistant. This current version has no flap.
Thus sweat saturates the phone through the provided opening. With continued use the phone will surely be water damaged.
Beware!!!!!!!

This is just the tip of the iceberg and just a google search into this product will reveal its dirty laundry.
I too, am looking for something reliable as I don't intend on screwing up my $1000+ investment.

ben123456

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2012
Is there any armband that is waterproof? i don't want to ruin my 5s and the two posted above seems to have sweat problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.