Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
It made me feel sick after using it for 20 minutes at the apple store
I did hear something similar about this but I don't know if it's because of the lights or if it's the new screen but this didn't happen to me before...just with the iPhone 5

Hitrate

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Copenhagen
It made me feel sick after using it for 20 minutes at the apple store
I did hear something similar about this but I don't know if it's because of the lights or if it's the new screen but this didn't happen to me before...just with the iPhone 5

To me it feels chrisp, sharp. I do tend to use a much lower brightness setting on it for normal use, and bump it up a bit for games and pictures/video. I think it's an adjustment issue.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I'm going to have to just favorite the link to this image. The amount of face palm quotes on this board recently is unbelievable.

facepalm.jpg

Next I'm moving on to "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

Ugh.

idiotkkid

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2010
Something is definitely different with the new screen. I'm not sure if it's the display panel itself or the backlighting. As I'm using the phone I can see vertical lines (each line of pixels) show up. If you stop moving your eyes, screen, or any movement on the display, they disappear.

I've also seen it on my harmony one remote screen, except those are horizontal lines. On that screen it is very obvious and if you own one you'll know what I am talking about. Almost like you can see that the display is "refreshing."

It's much more subtle on the iphone 5 and most people don't even notice it, but it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I brought the phone into apple and even though they couldn't see it, they swapped out my phone. The new one does the same thing.

My old iPhone 4 / 3G / new iPad do not exhibit this quality.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
No. It does not. Perhaps you should be tested, though. Hopefully your parents bought ChildCare+ for you to extend your warranty and cover accidental damage, so they can exchange you for another, no questions asked.

:p ;) :D

Last edited:

kre62

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
I think there is something to this. My original iPhone 5 was perfect. I had to get it replaced and the new one I can see scan lines. I'm waiting for the next batch before swapping it out.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Can't stop laughing....Childcare +....

Might need a trade in here. :p

Never heard of this problem and I do have a Harmony One also. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.