Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slineaudi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
My iPhone starting doing a strange thing tonight.. My phone was locked an in my pocket when all of a sudden it started playing my music. I took my phone out of my pocket and I had a missed call - but the phone never rang. I paused the music and called the person back. When I hung up, the phone started the music again on it's own. I had to pause it again myself. WTF!? Has anyone seen their phone get messed up and start triggering the play/pause at the wrong times?

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
shocked_meme1.png

cutienoua

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I've had that happening a couple of times,but can't really see why
I use BT streaming and I blame it on that.
Because sometimes I don't stop the stream before I move away from the BT speaker!

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
On my 4S since installing iOS6, I have twice rejected a call with the "reply with message" feature, and a podcast then began to play (it was the last thing I had been listening to).

For now I will assume it is an iOS6 bug.

sdfu93

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
Were you using the built-in iPod player, or another music application? I've had similar oddities with third party players (playing after the phone rang, not pausing/stopping when you remove the earbuds, etc).

slineaudi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
That's interesting. It was Pandora for me. I powered off and on the phone again. I hope it stops now. It's somewhat embarrassing b/c it plays even when the switch is on silence. Not a professional looking event in a meeting lol.

Ryguyfoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Similar incidences have happen for me with podcasts and music. Seems as if the phone and iOS6 forget that the music had been paused prior to the phone ringing. The confusing part is why it happens so infrequently..

Ryan
Iphone5

DarthNinja

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2010
This happened twice to me today as well. Both times it started a podcast up again that I had paused. One time it started after I made a call, and the other was after my iphone connected to the bluetooth in my car.

rajivvarma

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2008
I have an iPhone 4S on 5.1.1, and this problem has been occurring for many months.

It usually happens when I use an Internet radio app (like iHeartRadio or Radio.com), and especially when I pause the app instead of manually removing the app from the multitasking tray.

I was hoping that it would be fixed in iOS 6, but apparently not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.