Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Anyone here has this case that can give a quick review? I'm thinking about purchasing one. Also, can you post your own photos of this case. I'm curious if it's as nice in person as it is in photos. How's the signal on this case? Thanks.
element_case_sector_5_iphone_5_case_1.jpg

API4-1610-LLLX-5.jpg

API4-1610-LLLX-2.jpg

API4-1610-LLLX-9.jpg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I don't believe that it's even out yet.
Does it have a built in screen protector?

Maybe it's the one for the iPhone 5 I'm thinking about.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
element cases look great, but they cost almost as much as the base model iphone itself (140+ vs 199). Why not just go naked and put that money towards warranty and a replacement phone.

I think the cost of replacement under Applecare is 149 or something like that.

SPSilvestri

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
elementcase sector 4 Review

i posted this review on a different thread, but I still had the text saved so I thought I would post it here.

FIRST LOOK: The case is MUCH lighter than I anticipated! Every surface has been perfectly machined and finished. No sharp corners, extra material, or burrs of aluminum anywhere.

FIT: The case fits snug on the phone. Every part, all the way around, front to back, has been perfectly designed, produced, and finished to standards parallel to Apple.

FEEL: The “Flux Finish” feels smooth to the touch, and all edges feel “soft” but rugged at the same time. The case feels VERY sturdy in my hands while talking or texting.

FUNCTION: Absolutely no reception issues at all, my phone works just as it did before installation. No "Flashback" from the Ultra Suede back plate.

LOOK: The Case looks amazing! No advertisement can capture how nice the "Flux" Finish looks in real life. The exposed screws on the front give it a rugged "tech" look that comes off like it belongs in the toolbox of a NASA Technician!

OVERALL: This case has surprisingly exceeded my every expectation!

ngocnguyen

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
fyi..the very top photo is Sector 5...the remaining images are Sector4, you can tell by those additional black spacers in the corner. Sector 5 hasn't been released yet based on their website.

----------

element cases look great, but they cost almost as much as the base model iphone itself (140+ vs 199). Why not just go naked and put that money towards warranty and a replacement phone.

why do people insist that the price of the iPhone is $199? That's the price only if you sign a 2 yr contract..in total, you're still talking $700. Even if you're eligible for an upgrade from the 4S to 5...you have to pay:
  • upgrade fee
  • tax on total cost of phone, ie tax on $700

have you ever tried to buy an unlocked iPhone w/o a plan? It's about $700 or more.

IMO..on the topic of warranty, Square Trade is much much better than Applecare.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

Thanks for this link. After seeing someone's personal photos of the Sector 4 case, I've decided against it. It looks better in the ads than it does from someone's photos.

----------

i posted this review on a different thread, but I still had the text saved so I thought I would post it here.

FIRST LOOK: The case is MUCH lighter than I anticipated! Every surface has been perfectly machined and finished. No sharp corners, extra material, or burrs of aluminum anywhere.

FIT: The case fits snug on the phone. Every part, all the way around, front to back, has been perfectly designed, produced, and finished to standards parallel to Apple.

FEEL: The “Flux Finish” feels smooth to the touch, and all edges feel “soft” but rugged at the same time. The case feels VERY sturdy in my hands while talking or texting.

FUNCTION: Absolutely no reception issues at all, my phone works just as it did before installation. No "Flashback" from the Ultra Suede back plate.

LOOK: The Case looks amazing! No advertisement can capture how nice the "Flux" Finish looks in real life. The exposed screws on the front give it a rugged "tech" look that comes off like it belongs in the toolbox of a NASA Technician!

OVERALL: This case has surprisingly exceeded my every expectation!

Do you have a black 4/4S with this case and can you post photos. I saw photos of it in white and wasn't attracted to it. Now, I'm thinking about not getting one. It looked better in the ads it seems.

----------

Yeah, my 4S is sheer nude. Just a cheap front and rear screen protector is all I have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.