Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vp18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
considering the nw ipod touch 5g will have 5mp led flash...., same specs wise ias iphone 4 ( not 4s coz its 8mp ) do you think the touch 5g will have a better picture quality(just point and shoot out of the box no editiing comparison ) good light and low light enviroment and video at 720/ ( iphone 4 has no 1080 p) good and low light . Or do you expect them to just be about the same

. Obviously the only way to really know is to compare it when touch 5 is out Just like to know your prediction guys and why you think so ( ex coz of different lens and OS.

Last edited:

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I think because of the advancements in image processing technology since 2010, even though they have the same amount of megapixels, the iPod touch 5th gen will take slightly better pictures than iPhone 4.

vp18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
the aperature of the touch 5g is f/2.4 vs the f/2.8 of the phone 4 so it should capture more light. I wonder if the sensors used for the touch 5g is same or better than than Iphone 4 this time. I wish apple has more videos out on this for promotional purpose ( not that they need it coz im sure it will sell well )

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
iPod touch 5 a little better, as said before the technology of how the camera takes the image has improved since 2010

gerbilbox

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2003
What I think? I think because the iPod Touch 5th gen is so thin that they may have compromised with a smaller sensor, degrading the image quality somewhat. However, I'm also hoping that I am wrong. Either way, I'm expecting a huge improvement over the iPod Touch 4th gen camera. I hate these idle speculations and would rather wait for it to come out and see the pictures for ourselves.

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
The iPod touch's camera will be superior in quality. Plus the iPod touch just got Panorama.

vp18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
just hope that making it thinner than the 4g wont as mentioned it may have compromised with a smaller sensor, degrading the image quality .

No one was complaining of its thickness anyways and the thinner it gets the harder it becomes to hold in some ways to take a photo.

usually with gadgets the more compact , thinner you make them, the more sensitive the become and less durable I hope the touch5 would be an exception

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I think because of the advancements in image processing technology since 2010, even though they have the same amount of megapixels, the iPod touch 5th gen will take slightly better pictures than iPhone 4.

That would be a pretty good and obvious assumption, but the real question is if this have been proven to be the case?

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Late reply, but the iPhone 4 takes much better photos than the 5g iPod. The only difference I have noticed is white balance is better on the 5g iPod in certain scenarios (energy bulbs lit environment) and better low light performance (not that much though).

iPhone 4 photos are still much more detailed and in the right light far superior to anything the iPod can do. So I don't think the sensor is the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.