Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
Didn't think I would ever make a thread here about my phone but I'm starting to get annoyed. For the past couple days when I want to download a app from the App Store, it says "cannot connect to iTunes Store" after selecting a app to download. It does it periodically, so it comes and goes. I'll download a app and five minutes later if I want to download another one the message pops up. Anyone have this problem, is there a setting? Happens with both wifi and LTE.

Last edited:

CRob44

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
i have this problem and stunned i can't find nothing on this site to help me and nobody answering you

imacadoo

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Westchester, NY
I have had this happen to me occasionally. Happened yesterday and the last time was several weeks ago. Haven't downloaded anything new recently but I noticed it when checking for app updates. Problem seems to resolve itself in an hour or so. Odd behavior and not sure why it happens.

ggpike

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
Happened to me yesterday on both my iPhone and iPad. It seemed to work itself out by late afternoon.

imacadoo

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2012
Westchester, NY
Having a (perhaps) related problem. My i5 is showing a badge saying I have 4 updates but when I click on updates the screen says all apps are up to date, yet the update button at the lower right still has the badge showing 4 updates. I am NOT getting the "cannot connect to itunes" error message but nothing is happening.

EDIT: This seems to have rectified itself after a couple of hours. Updates appeared. Clicked Update All and they updated. I'm guessing it was a "cannot connect to itunes" problem without the error message.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.