Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mototriu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
About two weeks ago I finally replaced my Motorola triumph with a brand new shiny Iphone 4s. Im really liking the Iphone but here are my opinions after have owning both devices.

Motorola Triumph

Pros:

-The body of this phone is indestructible. I've dropped it countless times and it hasn't even come close to breaking it yet.

-I absolutely love how customizable android is , I feel like my phone is more like my laptop

-I liked the ability to flash and experiment with new ROMS.

-Nice big 4 inch screen

Cons:

-The battery life on the triumph was unbearably bad , I found myself at 10 or 20 percent by the end of each day with very light usage

-Although the phone was durable it felt very cheap and poorly built.

-Although android is very customizable it was very laggy and most of the apps in the play store were not made very well.

-The touch screen was very unresponsive and required several taps to finally register a touch sometimes.

-The 3g was extremely slow , so slow to the point that I stopped using internet on my phone entirely

IPhone

Pros:

-The build quality on the 4s is absolutely amazing , it feels like a quality device.

-I have yet to experience and lag on ios and everything feels fluid and responsive to my touch.

-The app store had a very good selection to choose from. But most importantly the apps are well made and they don't ever "Force Close"

-The 3g is very fast on verizons network.It's definatley fast enough for me.

-The screen on this phone is absolutely gorgeous , Im really loving that retina display

-In general all of the hardware on the 4s is amazing and the os is very smooth,simple and lag free

Cons:

-Sometimes I feel like the screen is a little too small , like when playing games or watching videos

-Although it is a beautiful and well made device the phone is extremely fragile and easy to crack

- I hate how closed ios is , I've only had it for 2 weeks and im already bored with ios. Im definatley jail breaking it as soon as it comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.