Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRyu

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2010
My university is using Matlab and JCreator for maths and simple java program.
Can I know what XCode do? Can XCode run both of them? I don't want to install windows on my rMBP just to run this two program.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Matlab runs natively on OS X, so you don't have to install Windows for it, unless your school only provides the Windows version. However Xcode won't really have anything to do with it.

Xcode can be used as a Java IDE, similar to JCreator.

B

iRyu

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Matlab runs natively on OS X, so you don't have to install Windows for it, unless your school only provides the Windows version. However Xcode won't really have anything to do with it.

Xcode can be used as a Java IDE, similar to JCreator.

B

how to run matlab in osx natively? Using text editor?

Am download XCode now :)

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
how to run matlab in osx natively? Using text editor?

Matlab provides its own editor/IDE/environment. While you could probably use any favorite editor or even Xcode, the Matlab environment is really best for it IMO.

B

iRyu

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Matlab provides its own editor/IDE/environment. While you could probably use any favorite editor or even Xcode, the Matlab environment is really best for it IMO.

B

can you show me the link ? The have tons of compile application in their website lol. How bout CodeRunner?

iRyu

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Could you use Eclipse? Its free and pretty much an industry standard.

That's what I use at work.

just a cheap skate

haha alright. I'm settle with Java compiler.

----------

Or look at your install media, login to your Mathworks account. Most versions come with Windows/Linux/Mac OS X installers.

B

My media? hmm I don't have a mathworks account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.